Suspension squeaks and boot creaks!

zanes

Ex. Club Member
Hi all, recently my suspension seems to have developed a squeak. It seems to be from the back end, often when going over a bump. Any ideas what it could be? haynes has nothing!

Also my boot is creaking. Think it's the insert (metal plate) so I try to tighten it up. Guess what, the placcy inserts have been stripped, so never ending thread!grr any ideas how to get them off/ stop the squeak?

Stock R-reg micra Muzic

Forums searched... Nada!

mine creaks from the panhard rod bushes, it's really annoying and it's on my list of things to do when I get round to it.

mines creaks sometimes and its happend since i changed te suspension, same as my pals, he has a 2000 VW bora and his creask since he changed the shocks, it doesn't happen to me often, i've just gotten used to it i guess

Some silicone around the boot panel with eliminate any squeaks..

Remove the panel, some spots of silicone.. and replace..

Bam..

Shocks either need a good clean or replaced.. if replaced make sure to clean any moving componants you see under the car.... as in the rear axle bushes etc..

there should be some rubber things mounted on the inside of the boot witch keep the shelf in palce and stop it from bouncing everywhere. if it doesnt have any just get some from a scrapyard.

there should be some rubber things mounted on the inside of the boot witch keep the shelf in palce and stop it from bouncing everywhere. if it doesnt have any just get some from a scrapyard.

if needed, try and get some from a pre-facelift as these are solid rubber and the facelift ones are hollow;)

the parcel shelf will sag over time and knock on the tailgate, i've put some self adhesive sponge on my tailgate, but i cant see it lasting long, rubber should work better,

Back