suspension woes!

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as how to fix this problem. The story goes that I was driving back from Cowra and just got a quick grease and oil & filter change in Mudgee. When I got back to collect the car the mechanic said that he had also done me a "favour" by tightened every nut and bolt under the car including the front and rear swaybars.He said it would give me much better handling and rid the car of body roll. I thanked him left and noticed immediately that the car seemed to ride really rough and seemed to crash over bumps. I went back and told me that he may have tightened the rear sway bar bolts too much and would back them off a bit. I watched him do this, the rubbers did not seem to be scwished.He did not reajust the rear as he said they were a different type of ajustment. I took off back to Sydney but the car still seemed to crash over bumps an not ride as smoothly as before the service. The car has standard suspension and the air pressures were not changed. The shocks seem to be in good shape. Does anyone have any idea what he could have tightened under there that may have affected the ride? Would the tightening of the sway bar cause this? Should he also have slackened off the rear sway bar also? I looked under the car, the rear sway bar seems to have a totally different type of ajustment.Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. If i do not reply back immidiately it is just because when I leave work tonight i will not have access to a computer again until Monday.

Thanks again

Henry

Back