Suprised this did'nt destroy the turbo!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Was working on Warren's car today with him changing out a blown exhaust manifold gasket. Managed to break the wire on the lambda sensor while removing the manifold and turbo, i had a spare so that was grand so job done. Look at the one that came out the exhaust housing!

Attachments

• DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    378.3 KB · Views: 382
that ain't good! When i pulled mine out it was totally black.. covered on carbon from the car running rich

should pull the new one out now its been 1000ks and see what it looks like

that ain't good! When i pulled mine out it was totally black.. covered on carbon from the car running rich

should pull the new one out now its been 1000ks and see what it looks like

He was very lucky I told him that the turbine is fine

lucky BOI!

got that valve today too baz! get a few kilkennys or stouts under your belt with the coin eh!

Baz! Its not 100% perfect buts its better than it was in your video.. and i think thats for a few reasons...

1st. the mail bag it came in was covered in oil (which can only have come from one place)

2nd. i assume it leaked out cause the bag was sitting in a cold aircraft and then the hot sun in Sydney the other day, so with that in mind, i hit it with a heat gun and then let it sit overnight

put it in this morning, and while its not 100% perfect its HEAPS better at holding the supercharger boost than my old unit

im only getting 10-11psi on the supercharger tho so that might be the next issue to address

anyway, here's a vid, its shaky but i think you can see what i mean

http://members.iinet.net.au/~martinm/newvalve.3gp

The lambda sensor is what a ALWAYS TELL everyone to MOVE as soon as they get an ST. If people had any sense they would listen. My sensor is now after the turbine.

as in, take old one out, put a bolt instead to block the hole, then get a bung welded on further down the dump pipe?

i'll do it next time the turbo is off... i could probably actually just trick the ECU with my widebands simulated narrowband output but that can happen another day

Baz! Its not 100% perfect buts its better than it was in your video.. and i think thats for a few reasons...

1st. the mail bag it came in was covered in oil (which can only have come from one place)

2nd. i assume it leaked out cause the bag was sitting in a cold aircraft and then the hot sun in Sydney the other day, so with that in mind, i hit it with a heat gun and then let it sit overnight

put it in this morning, and while its not 100% perfect its HEAPS better at holding the supercharger boost than my old unit

im only getting 10-11psi on the supercharger tho so that might be the next issue to address

anyway, here's a vid, its shaky but i think you can see what i mean

http://members.iinet.net.au/~martinm/newvalve.3gp

Cool not Bad man:grinning:

as in, take old one out, put a bolt instead to block the hole, then get a bung welded on further down the dump pipe?

i'll do it next time the turbo is off... i could probably actually just trick the ECU with my widebands simulated narrowband output but that can happen another day

Exactly that. Or you can just leave it disconnected. Stock ECU does not rely on lambda that heavily, it may slightly improve emissions/mpg however.

Back