supercharging my micra

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hi i have decided to finally do it. I got beaten by a tx3 laser lastnight at the drags so it all over for me.

Plans are

g15 injectors
g15 throttle body
Rising rate regulator.
Front mount
sc12 supercharger.

Will this work i will be under driving the blower to get around 5 PSI max as i want it to last for ages. Will be tuned on a dyn0 but wanna know if those fuel components will work ok or will i need to go bigger.

Also can someone tell me where and how they mounted their blower.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
yeah i love my micra but lack of power is pissing me off, and ive thought about supercharging it for a long time now, i have everything i need except the charger itself.. i just want to learn more about them first so ill be watching this thread

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yeah headers is not a prob as my mate owns D&T performance centre up here. The SC12 is off the 4agze toyota engine and runs on a 1.6 so putting that on a 1.3 will give bout 8PSI so i will under drive it big time. Will be putting the charger in the same spot as the Air con compressor as it is the same mounting brackets so that is ok. I have a SAAB intercooler that fits nice just really not sure on the injectors. Is it the Injectors that max out or would you be able to put a RRPR on it.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
The factory injectors max out at about 3.5psi. I just used a 5th injector with controller. Need to retard the timing aswell. The micra's run a lot of advance at the top of the rev range.
This worked fine on my turbo set up, will be safe for a supercahrgers aswell.

I bought the setup off white knight. I think he had this on his supercharged car.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Are people running 5th injector setups purely because of the lack of uprated injectors that can be connected straight into the CG13 fuel rail? I remember someone mentioning the 5th injector setup being a bit hacky and not an ideal solution mainly because you're likely to overfuel cylinders 2+3 and lean out 1+4 more if you have a 5th injector drilled into the TB..

aaron had a custom fuel rail made up for his turbo setup by merging an SR20 and CG13 rail so he could use SR injectors.. just wondering why this seems to be a less commonly used method for increased fuelling.

---dens

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
would the headers till need to be customised if you remove all the aircon condenser and ****? and where abouts would be a good place to start looking for a SC12

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
rollaclub.com and or toymods.com have them readily available for around 250 delivered. That is what i paid for mine. How do they uses join the rails. Is it hard. You would need another computer to do that yeah

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
The injector controller I used was an old haltech f5. I used it because it was avaliable cheaply & had no real plans to run over 7 psi. If I had plans for anymore power then I would have gone full engine management, upgraded injectors & engine/drivetrain mods. It just didn't make sense in a daily driver.

I checked the plugs frequently & saw no signs of any cylinders running rich or lean.

The injector was a toyota I think. Out of a sv21 camry 3sfe engine.

The turbo option is cheaper & more efficiant in terms of power. Do a search on white knight & you should find out more info & pics on supercharging.

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Injector size problems can easily be sorted. Use a later inlet manifold and fuel rail from a post 2000 CG10 of CGA3 engine. They ran Bosch Motronic ECU's with distributorless ignition and ran a top feed fuel rail, which can happily accept larger top feed injectors to suit fuelling needs.

Back