• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra restoration Project

PeteST24

Ex. Club Member
Well figured I might aswell start a blog before I get too much work done.

I bought the car (1.3 LX) off my step-sister-in-law (phew) for £50 knowing it needs work to be done.

Well got the car home with the exhaust blowing like Paris Hilton on a good night, which to my relief I didnt see any Police cars.

100_6271.jpg

As you can see the back box is not actually attached to the rest of the exhaust.

I have now taken the Back Box off completly and removed the piece of broken pipe ready for my new back box. Which consiquently will be the Ashley back box that my parents are getting me for crimbo :)

Side strips are off (alond with a little paint on one of them :wasntme:) but not too worried about the paint as it will be resprayed completly.

Things planned to be done...
new bonnet (maybe even a bonnet vent or something too)
2 new front wings
spray the wheels.

Well that starts it and I will continue as I get more work done :)

Lot of work cut out for you mate. I love me micras and as your only down the A2 (I think) I'll try and help out if you need anything mate.

Cheers fellas. :D

Might need some help when the big work needs sorting. Any of you good at wiring alarms and central locking? lol

My sister lives in Dartford, right by the Princes Interchange of all places

From experience, Ashley exhausts seem to have a rotting problem. Bought mine off 'mickey&me' a few months ago and it was a bit rusty but cleaned up reasonably well. Put it on a little while later and it's rotted right through in the space of a few weeks.

If you can, I would suggest going for a better brand.

Cheers fellas. :D

Might need some help when the big work needs sorting. Any of you good at wiring alarms and central locking? lol

My sister lives in Dartford, right by the Princes Interchange of all places

I'm rather good at electrics but don't touch other peoples alarms, central locking I've done. But yeah either pm me or if you have msn add me, always happy to help a fellow member out.

Spoken to the previous owner and she said that the floor pan was welded to pass the last MOT so the hole I can see is just the bottom but does not go right through it. So thats a job off the list :D

**update**

Got my back box fitted now, not a perfect fit but then the bumper is not lined up so could be partly that.

100_6295.jpg

CIMG0447.jpg

And I also put the stickers on
CIMG0450.jpg

CIMG0449.jpg

pete

you might be able to tweak the mounting rods with 2 combination spanners ?
(1 open end in the other ring, like an L, if you get me ! )

Back