supercharger question plus wiring question

Guys my super charger has just started making a air raid siren sort of noise, sometimes the noise stops and i have full boost then it comes back again. Would you say its knackered?

Has any one got a diagram of the wiring loom as i have a couple of lose connections and it might help thanks

Guys my super charger has just started making a air raid siren sort of noise, sometimes the noise stops and i have full boost then it comes back again. Would you say its knackered?

Has any one got a diagram of the wiring loom as i have a couple of lose connections and it might help thanks

Is the noise when your cruising at motorway speeds?Thats the noise they make,what connections are lose mate?

Also can you get vid up?

its noisey all the time even on start up, the air flow metre has a lose connection and sometimes the turbo doesnt spool up, today ive found a couple of split boost pipes. the turbo does not smoke at all and there are no funny noises coming from it. My mechanic has had a quick look at it and he thinks its a electric problem, just wondered if there was a diagram on the electrics as it would make things easier. thanks

its noisey all the time even on start up, the air flow metre has a lose connection and sometimes the turbo doesnt spool up, today ive found a couple of split boost pipes. the turbo does not smoke at all and there are no funny noises coming from it. My mechanic has had a quick look at it and he thinks its a electric problem, just wondered if there was a diagram on the electrics as it would make things easier. thanks

Thats just stupid turbo is not electrical its spools up with exhaust gases.the s/c has a clutch on it so it shuld'nt be noisey on startup??

Most likely a problem with boost hoses and vaccum hoses

noisy all the time... try unplugging the supercharger connection that goes to the clutch, if theres something wrong with the clutch it might not be disengaging, if you pull the wire and its still happening then its a mechanical problem, if the problem goes away then the ecu might be sending the wrong signals to the supercharger

as baz said its probably vacuum hose related... i just changed EVERY one so i could eliminate that possibility...

AFM problems are a pain so i'd be making sure you sort out the connection on that as well if its playing up, cable tie it down hard if you've lost the clamp

do you have a stock intake?

noisy all the time... try unplugging the supercharger connection that goes to the clutch, if theres something wrong with the clutch it might not be disengaging, if you pull the wire and its still happening then its a mechanical problem, if the problem goes away then the ecu might be sending the wrong signals to the supercharger

as baz said its probably vacuum hose related... i just changed EVERY one so i could eliminate that possibility...

AFM problems are a pain so i'd be making sure you sort out the connection on that as well if its playing up, cable tie it down hard if you've lost the clamp

do you have a stock intake?

The car cuts out with the s/c engaged at idle(test this by unplugging the block connector beside the throttle position sensor) so I don't see how that would be the problem

looks like a leak from somewhere, turbos running fine now. The only thing is everynow and then the boost goes mental (nearly1.5 bar) which is clearly more than i would like it boosting at. any ideas?

mine did that with faulty solenoids, they do wear out.. you can test them but unplugging them and running 12volts through them momentarily (like half a second) and listen for a click

Back