Super Turbo Brake setup

Hi guys,

I'm building a K10 micra to compete in the f1000 1litre rally championship.
http://www.formula1000.co.uk/Regulations.htm

We are allowed to take parts from any of the models in the K10 range, so I was wondering if the Super Turbo had any uprated parts? (apart from the engine etc)

e.g better brakes?

238mm ventilated discs,the calipers are off a sunny but not sure what year and that.The gti-r setup fits would be great for rallying!!

i just took the ST brakes OFF my car and put pulsar brakes on there instead (slightly larger, 10 years newer)

not that its much use to you over in the UK

All parts we are allowed to use have to come from the K10 range I think or I would go for the pulsar brakes.

Are the super turbo brakes better than the standard K10 brakes?

Also no LSD allowed.

All parts we are allowed to use have to come from the K10 range I think or I would go for the pulsar brakes.

Are the super turbo brakes better than the standard K10 brakes?

Also no LSD allowed.

Well if it a st its gearbox has an lsd so how will you get round that??
Obvisously the breaks are better sure it has more than twice the power 3 times torque or so!I have just over 150hp and the brakes are still ok but I've racing fluid ,braided brake hoses and ebc greenstuff pads

I have to run a standard k10 MA10S engine and gearbox to qualify for my class.

I'm just looking for any other parts that might have been upgraded for the Super Turbo that I can use.

Are the calipers different on a superturbo? What size discs do they take?

I have to run a standard k10 MA10S engine and gearbox to qualify for my class.

I'm just looking for any other parts that might have been upgraded for the Super Turbo that I can use.

Are the calipers different on a superturbo? What size discs do they take?
eh if you look at the previous post i made!

You cant put the ST brakes on a normal K10 front end as you would also need the hubs and the drive shafts are different as well...

Failing that however the K10 did in some cases come with vented front brakes. That and decent pads would go a really long way to making it stop better.

You cant put the ST brakes on a normal K10 front end as you would also need the hubs and the drive shafts are different as well...

Failing that however the K10 did in some cases come with vented front brakes. That and decent pads would go a really long way to making it stop better.

Never thought about that! I was'nt thinking at all when I posted

Can't I swap over the hubs, and the driveshafts aswell
or is the gearbox totally different than a standard K10?

sorry Crazyep82 I missread your post. :blush:

the st gearbox is totaly different man.
im trying to get hold off one myself . cause my st is auto unfortunatly.
auto's not what i requested but thats the way it went, pantsgrr

rallymicra

i think at least one of the inner cv joints has an extended spline to reach into the viscous diff

the st gearbox is totaly different man.
im trying to get hold off one myself . cause my st is auto unfortunatly.
auto's not what i requested but thats the way it went, pantsgrr

What do you mean by that did you import the car? and you just have to offer someone the right money and they sell you one stop given out about it and get over it,sorry man:wasntme:

rallymicra

i think at least one of the inner cv joints has an extended spline to reach into the viscous diff

Thats true the passanger side shaft and the shaft and cv 's are like tooth picks on the ma10,12 engined k10's compared to an st

While on the subject of brakes...

Have any of you guys looked into getting discs on the back? And if so, are there any that would fit easily?? Just wanted to start asking now as I'm thinking of doing it when I get the new suspension done and I have saved up a fair bit for the 'ST restoration fund' now. Cheers

what shocks are you putting in the rear mate? do you have any issues with scrubbing? cause up until i lipped the guards i had major screeching over bumps, pain in the ass!

discs on the back would be great for the simple fact we can't order the rear shoes here so i'd love to hear any tips!

Not sure what shocks are going in yet, man. When I asked my guy about it he told me to find out what I could about what would fit, which I did, then when I went back I was talking to his dad about it and he just looked at me like I was insane and said he could do a brand new set up pretty easily and there was no real need to go investigating too much. When it happens I'll get em to list everything for me on the invoice so I can share whatever they do. It is still a little ways off yet as I MUST get the rust sorted asap, coz I dont want to get any nasty surprises with the body work. At this stage the plan is to get the rust, suspenssion and brakes sorted by Xmas. My rear brakes on the passenger side are totally shot, hence why I wanna find out about discs now. I'm a firm believer in doing it properly the first time instead of just dumping more cash into the same probs. Will let ya know as soon as i do.

yeah nice. Starlet shocks are a 100% definate good fit for the rear. KYB make them if you want to buy new. As for springs, mine already sits pretty low on 15"s with the springs its got so i wouldn't wanna go lower.

on the front i have K11 KYB Excel G's with King spring LOW springs fitted which i think works well (was also my only option)

i did it all myself but got it checked out by a local suspension shops and they said the fittings and alignment was all spot on, so think unless you're going coilovers, this about as close as your gonna get...

if you can get something made custom then thats cool, but almost always expensive! when you ask for micra and starlet parts you don't get slugged quite so bad, and there are good quality shocks out there for them

let us know if you have any luck on the disc rear ends! it would be awesome to interchange them with something local but i'd have no idea where to start personally, i guess maybe you'd need the whole rear hub assembly off something with a similar bolt pattern

this question applies to everyone with a K10 (rear is the same) so i might ask there...

if you fit rear discs on a k10 you will probably need a bias controller , everytime you brake it will be like pulling the handbrake, ive done this many times with similar cars( redtop novas with gsi cavileer rear brakes) and i found this happening. its scary

if you fit rear discs on a k10 you will probably need a bias controller , everytime you brake it will be like pulling the handbrake, ive done this many times with similar cars( redtop novas with gsi cavileer rear brakes) and i found this happening. its scary

I say that alright man cause there so light at the back aswell

brake bias is probly the easiest thing of the project to sort out

more interested in how it all mounts up, i've never owned a solid beam rear axle small car so its all way different to IRS

Back