Nissan Micra Query

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I have had an old style, 2002 Nissan Micra for the last 3 years. Luckly, it has been great for me, but unfortunately now some little sod has ripped off half of the section on the boot that holds the number plate light (it's also the bit you use to lift up the boot). One of the lights is still attached and still works, but of course I have to have both to get the MOT passed next month. If only I could get my hands on the little *****!

What I really want to know is whether anyone knows where I can find a diagram showing the rear of the 2002 old-style micra which has the various parts labeled. I've looked everywhere I can, but just can't find one!

Alternatively, does anyone know what the part that has been broken is called? And the name for the lights themselves, as I presume I will have to order them separately? And can I order the broken piece in a specific colour, or will it have to be painted by the parts dealer?

Sorry for the many questions, and thanks in advance for any help!

bw,
Anna

its called a boot handle
you can pick one of these up from any nissan dealer or if you want to do it the cheap way go to a car breakers
its only held on by 4 nuts that you will be able to get to by removing the panel on the inside of the boot

Thanks Toney, that's exactly what I needed to know!

Don't suppose you know if I'd have to have the piece specially painted - I'm getting contradictory advice from two people at same Nissan parts place!

And I presume the lights come separately?

Thanks again!

And PS. I thought it should be called boot handle - but I got blank looks whenever I described it as that! I therefore presumed it must be called something else because it also held lights.

Sometimes they're black plastic..
If not a can of spray paint from halfords would be about £6, get one from a scrapyard and do it yourself :)

I had a red one about a week ago i could've sent you, but i sold it.

if you went to a scrap yard they will be able to get one the same colour
if you go to nissan it will more than likely come in primer

robert its a 2000 they came painted with a big nissan badge

if you went to a scrap yard they will be able to get one the same colour
if you go to nissan it will more than likely come in primer

robert its a 2000 they came painted with a big nissan badge

Great, thanks everyone.

Toney - I may be talking at cross purposes, but it doesn't have a Nissan badge on it?

it's a 2002 model, so it's not got the nissan badge on it, it's on the boot, and i think they are half painted. you can fit one from any micra 93-2002, there are 3 types, early one is just smooth (93-98), middle one has the badge on it (98-2000) and yours is more like the first one, but with a ridge on it of some description and half painted (2000-2002). if you go to a scrap yard/breakers, then they may not have your style one as they are newer, i'd go for the early one if not. then either keep the early one on while you find a newer style one or get the early one painted to match your car :)

as i see it the very early versions arent technically a handle, though are used as such and normally snap...im not sure if nissan later on made a proper hand grab in the middle or not...which is why the parts guys maybe wondering what youre asking for...but then ive gotten wierd looks when asking for sill protectors, so maybe not lol. :)

its a very easy part to remove so id advise checking the scappies, if you have the time...as apart from about 8 little plastic clips in the boot (access cover)....theres only 2 bolts holding it onto the car...and the lights only need the loom (1 plug) disconnecting and the whole unit will come off in one go. :)

Back