Sunroof drain pipes

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Hiya all
Decided to future proof the Micra today as I have mint bodywork and a car that was stored in a garage for the first 10 year of its life.
I have read on here that you can re-route the sunroof drain pipes so that that don't drain into the sills.
So I have half of the car apart right now and I just can't seem to find where they exit the car.
One of then routes down the drivers pillar, along the inner sill to about level with the gear stick, then heads across the car to the passenger sill, then heads back along the sill, under the rear seat, into the boot where it joins to a black tube which runs (presumably) from the sunroof passenger side, along the whole length of the car and rubs down the section where rear seatbelt mounts.
So as far as I can see it doesn't exit the car at all.
Confused.com.....am I missing something here?

the front sunroof drains straight into the sills where the tiny drain slots have long been clogged, so the trapped water runs down to the rear and rusts it inside out.
I drilled a holed just underneath the drain pipe and inserted an extension through it so it drains straight out.

k550i-628-jpg.32379

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/#post-381115

the front pipe drains down the a-pillar and ends just above the front bottom end of the box sill which apparantly has drain gaps but tends to clog so water traps, builds up, floods and rusts the cabin floor. its a very poor design tbh.

the rear drains down the c-pillar then points inwards through the chassis and drains out just inside the rear bumper.

Mine seems different to that. The front comes down the drivers pillar then runs along the sill, then across the car, then along the passengers sill to the back and connect up with the rear driain

Here's the front

And rear

They are both connected?

What I meant to say is that the front and rear are both connected and don't seem to drain anywhere?

urm m8 thats the rear window washer fluid pipe.
it goes from washer tank - over the wheel arch - into drivers RH bulkhead - down along inner sill with the loom - across the middle cross beam under the front seats - backwards along the LH sill/floor - up the C-pillar behind the rear arch - crosses over from chassis to boot lid via rubber boot - out the top washer jet nozzle.

the sunroof drains are thick black rubber tubes hidden in the a-pillar box sections, have to remove the foam filling. shown here with an extension added

k550i-630-jpg.32378

Thanks for the help.
Can I just ask what you used to extend the front drain pipe?
Also, does the rear need re-routing or is it just the front?

Sorry another question.
I presume there is just the one pipe to just the drivers side?
What about the rear ?

Thanks for the help.
Can I just ask what you used to extend the front drain pipe?
Also, does the rear need re-routing or is it just the front?

just some pvc tubing i found that fits snug over the original drain tube.
the rears poke straight through the chassis out into the open so they're fine.

Back