Stupid Ebay rule!

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
grrI know Ebay has changed their rule so that seller cannot leave negative feedbacks for buyers! But i never thought it would be that much trouble. :suspect:

A man has won my camera on ebay but he hasnt reponded after several emails until just now and this is his reponse:

Hi there,
Sorry that i haven't contacted you. Basically do you think you could wait for another 4 hours and then i can tell you because i am bidding on a canon 450d and it end in 4hrs and if in the next couple of hrs it goes past my budget i will send the money to you this evening hopefully. Do you think you could post it tommorow or tuesday as i will need it asap. I hope that is ok with you and i won't want the san disk card.
Thanks a lot

- david_dafrica

This is the listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330286936893

i really want to do something about this, report him or something but i am running out of ideas. i feel he is taking the mickey. if he decides not to pay i will have to fork out ebay fees for this listing and again for the next listing. i am flipping furious people are exploiting this loophole and ebay isnt doing something about it.

i feel like sending him an email full of rude words im thinking of at this very moment but i know it doesnt help in anyway. it would probably deter him more than anything.:doh:

any suggestions?

Best thing to do is contact Email regarding the matter,and try and get the cost of the fees back seeming as hes messed you about. If they refuse to do so,then i guess you cant really do anything except pay for the fees.

Its reeeeally annoying when people do that,and especially have the cheek to say they're currently watching/bidding another item when they've already bidded/won your item.

Ebay is seriously crap at the moment if your a seller!

They remove feedback from the seller, fees for business accounts have just been changed which I don't agree with and then when a potential buyer contacts you, the only way you can reply to them is through "my ebay", they have kept the e-mail hidden.

We have had items removed just because we link to our website and offer cheaper prices on it, as soon as we get through to January, were blowing ebay out.

Anyway, My advice is yes report him if he chooses not to pay for your item, secondly if that happens and you want a quick sale, offer the second chance offer which I believe is at £280.

i thought it was stupid, ebay taking back the negative feedback thing

i thought that what they should have done is:

when someone buys something their money goes into a reserve, this proved that the buyer has held up their part of the bargin by paying. the seller can only then get at the funds if they leave positive feedback.

that way sellers cant use negative feedback as a weapon to protect their own feedback

well the problem is the last 4 bids were from the same person trying to match my reserve price. the next best offer is £240 and there is no way i am letting my camera go at that price.

4 hours have gone now and still nothing! It really isnt looking good, he can NOT pay and leave me a negative feedback if i decide to tell him to F off.

There isnt even like a 'report' button!!

i was thinking, does this count as a sale if i dont receive the money? if it doesnt that means i dont have to pay for listing fees am i correct?

well the problem is the last 4 bids were from the same person trying to match my reserve price. the next best offer is £240 and there is no way i am letting my camera go at that price.

4 hours have gone now and still nothing! It really isnt looking good, he can NOT pay and leave me a negative feedback if i decide to tell him to F off.

There isnt even like a 'report' button!!

i was thinking, does this count as a sale if i dont receive the money? if it doesnt that means i dont have to pay for listing fees am i correct?

there should be a link when you go to leave feedback, saying "did you have a problem" or something like that

get someone or a ghost account to bid that other camera way up... Ok I didn't say that, but yes agree ebay is pretty crap at the moment for selling.

Someone should start up a competitor one....

i thought about taking the £240 second best offer from another buyer and wait for this annoying buyer to pay me as well. since he is doing my head in i'll send the camera to the second best offer guy to punish him lol.....ok i didnt say that either!

and yep still nothing so i presume he has won the other camera.

if i report this, what will Ebay actually do? send him a scary warning email?! wow like that's gonna mean a lot!

If you report him as a non paying bidder he has 7 days to pay you if he doesn't respond or pay within 7 days then the listing will be cancelled and you will receive your fees back and a re-list credit. Also he cannot leave you feedback once you have reported him

By bidding he has entered into a contract and should pay up. I'd just demand the money. Send an invoice to his address. Threaten him with legal action, send the heavies round etc

Back