Stupid pedestrians

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
A rant :D

In case you hadnt noticed (or for those non-british types) its pretty dark outside. Plus, the road I live on isnt the best lit road in the world, and theres a big van blocking my view of the road, so I decide to reverse out of my driveway really really slowly.

Halfway out, I catch a glimpse of something flash, slightly startled I slam on the brakes and open the door, stick my head out and look around. Only to see some idiot dressed all in black - and i mean all, black trousers, black jacket with the neck up hiding the top half of his face, and a black hat hiding the other half! - just passing my car.

So considering the fact I almost run him over, I ask him if he didnt see the really bright white reversing lights, or the big shiny silver car moving backwards, or realise that a combination of the two means someones *reversing* their car! To which he decided it would be a good idea to say "Well if you cant see you shouldnt be driving you Swear Filter Evading is not tolerated

At this point I think I deserve a sainthood, rather than getting the crowbar out of the back and attempting to beat some common sense into him, I merely got out of the car and smiled, at which point he looked up, looked slightly worried, and took off like lynford christie on acid...

Starting to wish I hadnt seen a coat button catch the light now - im sure an A&E visit might have taught him a bit of a lesson.... Then again, idiots are idiots so mebe not.

Rant over. :p

The people who wait till the last minute to run out into the road, or the people who walk really slowly (not even old or disabled) accross the road, instead of using the not too distant zebra crossing or pedestrian lights and shout at you if you brake hard and beep them -_-. They annoy me..

Yeah, i'll remember the old joke next time:

"I ran into my ex yesterday, then I put the car in reverse and did it again."

Loads of them round here! Park Street... NO SWEARING up students stumbling backwards into the road giving you abuse even though youve slowed down to 2mph to avoid them, chavs banging on the bonnet and throwing chips. Hey I love Bristol really!

yea well on the pedestrian front i have a score of two !!! :D:D:D

one time i was out friday night when a clever drunk guy jumps infront of my car. i skid, then clip him with the wing of my car. he goes flying and i get out to see if he is ok. he is laughing his ass off and so are all his mate... aparently when you are drunk, being hit by a car is rather comical...

the other was a girl who crossed the road without looking. luckily she was acting a bit scatty and i had spotted her way before she had left the pavement but i still didn't think she was stupid enough to cross and so more screaching and no more than a hand on my bonnet... still...

people have no idea how dangerous cars are...

lol I scored another one today :D Driving around hampstead and the traffic on my side was pretty bad, this woman looks at me and runs in front of me, unfortunatly for her she forgot to look the other way and ran straight into a car (literally, she managed to run into the side of it!) she bounces off and collapses so I stop put on the hazards and have the joy of waiting ten minutes for an ambulance.

She spends the entire time whining about how shes going to sue the other driver and me for her injurys (Which turned out to be just a bit of bruising apparently :D)

lol I scored another one today :D Driving around hampstead and the traffic on my side was pretty bad, this woman looks at me and runs in front of me, unfortunatly for her she forgot to look the other way and ran straight into a car (literally, she managed to run into the side of it!) she bounces off and collapses so I stop put on the hazards and have the joy of waiting ten minutes for an ambulance.

She spends the entire time whining about how shes going to sue the other driver and me for her injurys (Which turned out to be just a bit of bruising apparently :D)

LMAO mate if only that was on film :D

sounds like she had more of a brused ego...

Sue? I hate all this crap about sueing :/ it's so american so sue everyone for everything -_-. Also technically she'd sue your insurance company for insuring you would she not? There'd also be no way she'd have any leverage at all :p, it'd be thrown out of court if she did indeed walk/run into your car.

snip: it'd be thrown out of court if she did indeed walk/run into your car.

It wasnt even my car she ran into! Twas the car going in the opposite direction, she just ran in front of my car and landed in front of it when she bounced off. Oh, and yes, your pretty much always suing the insurance company, to do with the Woolf reforms and all that jazz. Theres rare instances where your suing the person directly, but thats more if you hurt yourself in someones house etc.

So remember kids, if your best mate crashes and your the passenger, and its their fault, develop a sudden case of whiplash - premiums going up anyway from the crash so its not gonna hurt em. :D And if its not their fault, develop whiplash anyway :p That way your suing the other drivers insurance :D

My mate had a crash in leeds when a stupid taxi driver drove straight over a cross road junction without stopping and crashed. He got quite abit for it as he deveoped a suddern case of whiplash. BUT I haveto admit the junction in question is a nightmare to spot, but if he's a taxi driver wouldn't he be used to it?

Maybe he thought he was a policeman and was running late for picking up the chinese food? :p

Back