Stump Puller

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well me and Whitey with Guns n Roses in the CD player went for a bit of a spin.
Time to really open it up. Went up the back of Burnie followed part of the Targa Tassie course up Hellyer Gorge which is tight and twisty and up hill.
Mainly 2/3rd gear and pulling max boost into 4th. on some bits. 12kl of it and old Whitey was just singing. I dunno she would not be disgraced in any company on such roads.
At top of the gorge road levels with some nice long stretches. Whitey hauls all the way up to around 160 kl/hr and then she starts to run out of puff or should I say things start to take a bit longer. Hit 180kl/hr max at one stage.
Eyes darting front and rear looking out for Dunnydoors which could mean unmarked cop car.Motor sounds just great through all the rev/boost range.
Around 120k/hr it seems to get another surge and feel high lift cams, water injection kick in and honestly it feels most happy cruising around 140kl/hr with still plenty in reserve.
I therefore declare Whitey is of sound body and mind but not sure about the driver.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks for the inspiration.

The car sounds like loads of fun.

What a stump puller. Keen to meet up definately sometime.

cisco

» CMF Member
For sure! Just need some octane booster :)

Could fill up with Optimax before jumping on the ferry :)

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Whats it like after 140km/h? mine seems to just go flat after that..4th gear, full boost, LOTS of drag on the tall micra front body (not the most aerodynamic thing)

it will still pull to the end of the revs..just that it slows down a lot after that mark.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
It feels stable up to around 160kph. It bloody well should with all the handling gear, being lowered etc.After that drag takes over and you are fighting the poor aerodynamics of the car.
Hmm knock a few cms. off the roof line would help no end.
What is the phone no.for pimp my car??

cisco

» CMF Member
Another funny thing to consider is the overall surface area.

This article once compared the first model porsche (pretty bad aero design compared to nowdays, but a much smaller overall surface area, because its a much smaller car) to a modern awesome 911 something or other (much better aerodynamics, but much larger surface area).

The overall aero drag was equal. If the 911 wasn't so aerodynamic, it would be worse off because its a bigger car.

I sometimes think about that relative to the micra. The micra isn't very aerodynamic at all, but its also a pretty small, narrow car.

In practice though, yes they all do seem to run out of puff above 160kmh, and acceleration becomes much slower.

Blue monster in previous form with the 137 at the wheels seemed to be quite strong up in that range.
So if they quote a factory micra's top speed of 170kmh, and say I've tripled the factory power output, then you would hope it should be at least a little bit better up in that speed range. Although yeah at top speed you tend to talk about doubling and tripling power to make substantial noticable improvements.

Ahh top end, this is where you need the big t28bb long throw

Back