Life's Great ( in a MIcra)

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
With the ball and chain and the appendage back in Nam. on holidays decided it was time to see some of Tassie I had not travelled.
Planned the cruise allowing for a morning cuppa followed by lunch. As Whitey still being re supercharged old Hack has the mode of transport.Picked out my favourite selection of CDs and come 7.30 am away I went.
Was not long before the open road was under the wheels and down went the pedal.Eyes darting front and back keeping an eye out for dunnydooors which could mean unmarked cop car decided around 130 kph was the cruise speed with ocassional burst when overtaking.
Rather a hot day but even with AC on at times temp gauge never budged above normal, oil pressure a constant 60psi @ 130kph.Old Hack was purring.
Hosed off the usual day trippers and played the game of sitting on the speed limit in overtaking lanes ( which are nearly all uphill jobs) When the being rounded up on the outside by some four wheeel drive/whatever thinking I would be doing 90 kl/h by the time we hit the top of the hill, would knock her down a cog hit the gas pedal bring up max boost and leave em thinking.Great fun.A Holden Astra got a bit serious but by the time we hit the top of the hill he was behind.
A mix of roads but one thing Tasiie has is excellent secondary roads. Lots of uphills/down hills, twisty bits with some long straight bits thrown in.
So that was my Sunday dedicated to the mighty Micra. Funny sometimes I am happy just to be on my own just cruising.While I am very aware of my responsibilities to other road users on my own well I do push it a bit harder.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Sounds like you had a fantastic day.

I wish I could be driving up a mountain range, drop it a cog and be able to power away. Currently I drop it a cog and I just make more noise and use more fuel. And thats about it lol

Back