Strut Braces and Anti Roll Bars

Hi Guys,

I have been half considering making some k11 front upper strut braces and possibly anti roll bars.
Just wondering if many people would be interested? No idea of price but I guess if they dont work out cheaper than current ones on sale there isnt much point in making them :)

Are there any preferences as to style?
Would the ARB need to have droplinks included?
What sort of money are people willing to spend? (so i can try to make a viable design).

Is there something else that people would rather me put my attention to?

Your comments would be much appreciated!
Ed

Front upper strut brace sounds interesting ed... Would it be possible to draw up some designs?
I'll need one that doesnt get in the way of my air filter because mines direct on the t/b.

I'd sell organs and whore myself out for some Whiteline-esque gear that isn't stupidly priced!

Really sorry iv taking so long to reply to this thread!

Front upper strut brace sounds interesting ed... Would it be possible to draw up some designs?
I'll need one that doesnt get in the way of my air filter because mines direct on the t/b.
I could probably knock up some solidworks models but i would think they would be much like the OMP ones. I could probably look into making one which suits your application ;)

Id be interested ina strut brace, reckon you could do an upper and lower?
I would like to start making them:)

I'd sell organs and whore myself out for some Whiteline-esque gear that isn't stupidly priced!
This would be my plan, not sure what exactly yet.

They gonna be front ARB's or Rear or both mate?
Both I hope :)

So my plan is really to do these things over the summer.
I was planning to borrow a K11 for a week or so to take measurements and make jigs :)
I suppose that really price is the limiting factor, i would have to supply for lower than the others so it depends how cheap i can make them:) (or just buy a cheap one because i miss mine A LOT!!!)

So i guess strut braces would be first (they are easier i think) then Anti-Roll Bars.

I'd def be interested in an upper strut brace providing the price was right.

Get some designs/costs etc and we'll talk money :D

all sounds interesting are ther any other body bracings that could be done i remeber when i worked for toyota we had a corolla compressor demo and that had braces all over the place under the car across the transmisson and exhaust tunnels

Hi Guys,

I have been half considering making some k11 front upper strut braces and possibly anti roll bars.
Just wondering if many people would be interested? No idea of price but I guess if they dont work out cheaper than current ones on sale there isnt much point in making them :)

Are there any preferences as to style?
Would the ARB need to have droplinks included?
What sort of money are people willing to spend? (so i can try to make a viable design).

Is there something else that people would rather me put my attention to?

Your comments would be much appreciated!
Ed

Hi Noddie,

Have you ever thought about making adjustable pollybushed trailing arms? Most people seem to suffer with the axle moving under big "lows" might be something worth a look at:)

Skinner

Hi Noddie,

Have you ever thought about making adjustable pollybushed trailing arms? Most people seem to suffer with the axle moving under big "lows" might be something worth a look at:)

Skinner
These are also on my 'list' and should be easily doable :) I can see I'm gonna be busy this summer! :D

a fairly messy one i made a year or so ago...

428016_10150649906459235_171141984_n.jpg

made 6 cuts in the pipe and welded a nut in on one side and a bolt in the other! adjustable :)
the ends of the brace are shaped from 1"X 1" solid steel bar and pipe shaped to fit around.
the end plates are just welded together and quickly shaped on a bench grinder.

raw materials cost about £30 from B&Q

clearly though, i needed 2 vices in line to keep it straight when welding.

oh also, i put the adjuster nut and bolt in the freezer overnight beforehand and heated the pipe ends for an easier fit.

I´d really like to have one which goes a bit behind the TB...maybe would be fine too if goes straight over, but not definitely at the front of the throttle body.

Really sorry iv taking so long to reply to this thread!

I could probably knock up some solidworks models but i would think they would be much like the OMP ones. I could probably look into making one which suits your application ;)

I would like to start making them:)

This would be my plan, not sure what exactly yet.

Both I hope :)

So my plan is really to do these things over the summer.
I was planning to borrow a K11 for a week or so to take measurements and make jigs :)
I suppose that really price is the limiting factor, i would have to supply for lower than the others so it depends how cheap i can make them:) (or just buy a cheap one because i miss mine A LOT!!!)

So i guess strut braces would be first (they are easier i think) then Anti-Roll Bars.

Upper and lower?

aye, mad wet roundabout slides :D the red car with no a/r/b,s is in "grip, or spin round" only mode :eek:
I remember very vividly over steering in your old one Frank!! (on the roundabout at the bottom of your road). At the time I didn't know it was possible in a micra:D

I remember very vividly over steering in your old one Frank!! (on the roundabout at the bottom of your road). At the time I didn't know it was possible in a micra:D
Lol you should try your old motor now :D Ed, do you know what clutch setup you have in it btw Specs would be nice friction plate and all.

Getting the back end out is simples if you have the right setup. Soft front, (no ARB), a wider rear track and skinny rubbers ;)

handling is a bit of a black art eh, loads of conflicting advice out there :confused: these strut braces and a/r/b,s might need a load of R&D and testing ed, but there is sure to be a market for stuff that works well :)

Lol you should try your old motor now :D Ed, do you know what clutch setup you have in it btw Specs would be nice friction plate and all.
yeah i bet!! i miss that car man! when do i get a ride in it? looking forward to getting another micra in the summer :D
the clutch is the 3 paddle helix one :) with helix pressure plate (not sure about the thrust bearing, probably a stock one).

handling is a bit of a black art eh, loads of conflicting advice out there :confused: these strut braces and a/r/b,s might need a load of R&D and testing ed, but there is sure to be a market for stuff that works well :)
No doubt about that! Im designing a complete suspension system at uni (for a hill climb single seater) its a minefield. you change one thing and everything else changes!
The plan would be to make parts with enough adjustability for a proper set up, people could then set their suspension up specific to their needs :)

yeah i bet!! i miss that car man! when do i get a ride in it? looking forward to getting another micra in the summer :D
the clutch is the 3 paddle helix one :) with helix pressure plate (not sure about the thrust bearing, probably a stock one).

No doubt about that! Im designing a complete suspension system at uni (for a hill climb single seater) its a minefield. you change one thing and everything else changes!
The plan would be to make parts with enough adjustability for a proper set up, people could then set their suspension up specific to their needs :)

I thought you were done with micras!!!

Back