Stock CG13DE Highest Know RPM Usage

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Any one have experience of upping the rev limit of a CG13DE and an idea of the miles it survived/conditions subjected too?

Yeah I need to know this too! Don't fancy the engine going pop in a lane in the middle of nowhere at 3 in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higher rpm = higher forces & stress on moving parts = weakest components closer to their point of failure = higher wear rate and/or shorter Mean Time Between Catastrophic Failure.

rpm is kinda like the burn rate of a fuse on a stick of tnt.
higher rpm = fuse burns along faster till the inevitable.

but..if the engine is already choked by it's volumetric efficiency/ports/inlet/exh systems and the graph shows the hp/ftlb curve already dropping down before the current rev limit, or the valvetrain starts to valve bounce, then there's no benefit in increasing rpm other than to grenade it faster.

I think frank had one up to 10000
twas 9 ish :) when i ran lpg and did,nt realise that the rev limiter was just cutting the injectors (that were disconnected anyway)
my TD05 was just coming into boost at the rev limit, so needed 10k really, but piston speed limits the rpm in reality, 10k for the 1.0 and 8k for the 1.3 is safe imo

higher rpm = higher forces & stress on moving parts = weakest components closer to their point of failure = higher wear rate and/or shorter Mean Time Between Catastrophic Failure.

rpm is kinda like the burn rate of a fuse on a stick of tnt.
higher rpm = fuse burns along faster till the inevitable.

but..if the engine is already choked by it's volumetric efficiency/ports/inlet/exh systems and the graph shows the hp/ftlb curve already dropping down before the current rev limit, or the valvetrain starts to valve bounce, then there's no benefit in increasing rpm other than to grenade it faster.
Sweet. So any experience? Wondered if anyone had made one go bang

twas 9 ish :) when i ran lpg and did,nt realise that the rev limiter was just cutting the injectors (that were disconnected anyway)
my TD05 was just coming into boost at the rev limit, so needed 10k really, but piston speed limits the rpm in reality, 10k for the 1.0 and 8k for the 1.3 is safe imo
I was thinking 1k odd more than stock. Nissan must of accounted for people dropping down heat...by accident..lol

here,s the TD05 (iirc) powerband still climbing at the limiter chris, you would need pretty wild cams to warrant lifting the limiter if running N/A tho :)

78789.jpg

Matt Humphris said that 8k is a safe limit for standard 1.3 Pistons. Said engines he's built have gone to 8k continually with no problems :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One guy in Japan racing an N1 K11 broke a CGA3DE crank, which was running a works engine, (Nismo pistons, forged rods, ITBs, cams etc etc). Engine was being regularly taken to 8500-9000rpm, (probably more on the downshifts under braking).

Everything has a fatigue life...

I had a 1ltr engine with 1.3 cams and that was like a rocket taking the revs to 8000 rpms effortless lol and left a lot of cars behind at traffic lights, now running a 1.3 engine I leave motorbikes behind!

J

My first micra was a 1.0 - that frequently met the rev limiter just for the fun of it - no issues at all and its been sold on twice since my ownership with no engine issues ( was already at 100k when i had it!). my second was a 1.3 coilpack and that again was pushed to its stock limits (only mod was the larger airbox) - I took it off roading in an attempt to break it but it just wouldn't go! - It survived all the abuse i gave it but i heard the gearbox exploded with very little use by the next owner - was only a 50k engine too lol.

So you know that i sold it to a banger boy for very little money as he knew what id done to it. He didnt have the heart to pull it apart so sold it on himself (that isnt my decision!)

The second was bought by a guy that needed it for yard work and gave me 50quid with it filled with scrap metal :/ .. best not to jump to conclusions first

'She' was honest, guys im just telling you my experience and thats all. I didnt sell the cars as genuine 100% reliable on road examples. End of really, i dont need to prove myself and im not trying to be cool at all, i just enjoyed them whilst i had them.

'She' was honest, guys im just telling you my experience and thats all. I didnt sell the cars as genuine 100% reliable on road examples. End of really, i dont need to prove myself and im not trying to be cool at all, i just enjoyed them whilst i had them.
yeh man i always drive my 1.3 hard,its the way it likes. i change gear when revs go up a bit

am I like confused or something, but am I being had a go at, or is skymera...either way

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL I HAVE DONE ARGHHH

If any one has any real experience of upping their revs and can give a good analysis on their outcome that would be reet nice

Back