K11 rpm to speed table?

Hi all

I have a manual 1.0 micra k11. It doesn't have a rev limiter and sometimes I worry that the way I drive I could be revving the engine too much. Seeing as the gear ratio is fixed, there should be a fixed ratio from speed to rpm for each gear, I was wondering if a table or something existed somewhere that showed these ratios so I could get some idea of the revs at certain speeds.

Do I need to worry about overrevving this engine at all even?

Sam

what is it revving too?? possibly a faulty distributor as people modify them to remove the limiter

about the speed table heres what i would say

1ltr

1st-30
2nd-55
3rd-80
4th-105
5th-dont have a clue

1.3ltr

1st 30
2nd-55
3rd-85
4th-115
5th-135

Hi all

I have a manual 1.0 micra k11. It doesn't have a rev limiter and sometimes I worry that the way I drive I could be revving the engine too much. Seeing as the gear ratio is fixed, there should be a fixed ratio from speed to rpm for each gear, I was wondering if a table or something existed somewhere that showed these ratios so I could get some idea of the revs at certain speeds.

Do I need to worry about overrevving this engine at all even?

Sam

Assuming you're running on standard wheels and tyres, (155/70/R13), you can use the following figures to plot your graphs. The figures are mph/1000rpm, so you just multiply them by your 'engine rpm/1000' and this will give you your top speed in any gear.

1st = 4.638
2nd = 8.082
3rd = 11.961
4th = 15.394
5th = 18.618

I would load up a top speed calculator I put together which covers both the CG10DE, (RS5F41A) and CG13DE, (RS5F30A), gearboxes but you cannot upload those filetypes here.

Using the above you can make some speed graphs in excel. Hope this helps :)

Aah thanks thats really useful.

What is the maximum safe rpm for the k11 1.0 engine? I haven't removed the limiter or anything and I don't think I've ever hit it, does this mean I'm ok?

Aah thanks thats really useful.

What is the maximum safe rpm for the k11 1.0 engine? I haven't removed the limiter or anything and I don't think I've ever hit it, does this mean I'm ok?

9k :wasntme: and you need to rev the 1.0,s to keep up with traffic really

I thought the engine was limited to 6k revs, which could be unrestricted to about 6.9k (so limiters intact, it should have 0 problems going full out.)

This was from someone on youtube lol, hes on this forum but i forget his name, bagacete perhaps :) but definately should be fine at 100% revs with stock engine setup.

OFC i could be wrong, i'll check me haynes if its in there!

Back