Stereo Issues

N

nico-tech

Hello all, i am having a nightmare Sunday trying to wire in a new stereo into my Micra S.

The new stereo has this on the back ...
100_1242.jpg

Having removed the default head unit i have this ...

100_1236.jpg

And in the box with the stereo again i have the following ...

100_1238.jpg

100_1237.jpg

Can ANYONE tell me where all that goes with such limited infomation?
I have not got a CLUE and all the cables seem to be the same colours so that isnt helping either!

For a few more pictures that might help please have a look HERE

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated - i am going insane looking at these cables! :)

If you need anymore infomation please shout.

Thanks, Andy

well i can tell you that that isnt the wiring for a default headunit.

either that or someone has fixed a problem before.

i do not know how to wire in the headuint wire by wire but im sure someone can help who has a micra to hand .

i think the wires in the yellow connector are the power and such but dont quote me on that and the 8 with connecotrs on them are for the speakers i think.

also i cant rember if you do as it was a while since i did shr3ks but you might need an adapter from old nissan connector to iso connector, however someone has remover the original nissan connector for power :S

hope this helps a bit.

Other people will assist you more.

jackassuk

Thank you for the quick response, that is a little help thank you, hopefully someone can finish of the rest as still pretty lost to be honest! :)

read through post again as i had to edit it :S

i deffinatley think that the yellow connector is power but will check for you in about 5 mins

glad to help out when i can

jackassuk

Any more leads mate? hehe
I have read somewhere else that Black is Earth, Red is the ignition thingy and yellow is 12v+ (you what??) but none of the wires coming out of my car correspond with any of that :|:down:

I have ordered THIS off eBay - think it will help in any way, shape or form? o_O

yea that should help cos thats an adapter from nissan connector to iso connector (the connector that came with new sterio)

+12 is the perm on power it saves radio info and such

just plug the yellow part into the adapter (will only fit 1 part) then connect the other end to iso connector and make the caseing of the sterio touch some metal part of the car and see if it turns on, if it does then all you need to do is wire up the speakers to the corresponding cable

to do this use a 1.5v battery and touch it to 2 of the cables and see which speaker makes a noise (might need a friend to help with that)

thats how i wired up my dads mondeo :p

or trace the cables from the speakers (or run new cable)

hope this helps
jackassuk

Righty ho ... well i will put this on hold for now until my bits come from eBay - i will be back in a few with more worries then! :)
Thanks for the help so far jackassuk - dont go to far! :)

Rear Speakers:

LR+ orange/red
LR- green/black
RR+ red/black
RR- pink/black

Front Speakers:

LF+ blue
LF- black/white
RF+ brown
RF- brown/black

and dont forget... it will need an Earth!!!

See there is allways someone who is a little bit too intermate with their micra :p

only joking Gurpreet.

thanks for suplying this info so that the OP can sort this issue out.

it just means i dont have to rip shr3ks micra apart to find out what is what :D

but i will rip it apart anyway cos its fun

Now you can fit your sterio (when the adapter comes.)

jackassuk

i was faced with a similar problem when i bought my car, no head unit just a bunch of wires. i reckon the easiest way is get to the scrappies, chop off the micra stereo plugs with about 3 inches of wires to make it easier to work with. then just colour match the wires from the plugs, with the wires in you car (solder or connector), then pop over to ebay an buy an iso harness and you should be away!i may be mistaken and this approach might not be compatible with that stereo, but im tryin my best! good luck!

I bought an ISO harness for 5 quid then went to the wires armed with a voltmeter to find my various wires, as I already knew ISO colours I had it done in 15mins.

rofl @ intimate with Micra... kind of but not as bad as the car sex guy that featured in the Sun a few months back :-O

Rear Speakers:

LR+ orange/red
LR- green/black
RR+ red/black
RR- pink/black

Front Speakers:

LF+ blue
LF- black/white
RF+ brown
RF- brown/black

and dont forget... it will need an Earth!!!

I think i get the speaker wiring part sort of but are the wires with the yellow bit on it in my picture the power and earthing wires?

If so should there be 4 of them? o_O From what i have read there should be a wire connecting to the ignition, an earth wire and a 12v+ or somethng? What would the 4th be?

And on a side note .. if i am fiddling with random wires i dont know are connecting to what should i disconnect my car battery? hehe

ISO Colors:
Red: Ignition
Yellow: Battery (constant 12v)
Black: Ground (The stereo also grounds through the Aeriel plug)
The other red wire on your ISO plug is for connecting equipment such as electric Aeriel's etc.
Blue: On Remote for amplifiers ETC.

Back