stereo wiring help!

hi there. i wired up a stereo into my micra by cutting the wires and so on, instead of paying £20 for a bloody plug.
just wondering if anyone knows why my stereo works perfectly but my dashboard light and the little buzzer that lets you know when you've left your lights on, have stopped working. i think it is because of the little plug that was in the stereo that is now in nothing that has 4 wires in.
if it is then can someone please tell me what it is im supposed to do with these wires?

if you could email me on [email protected] that would be better for me.
thankyou

Check the fuses, they can usually pop when someone fiddles with the stereo wires.

Here is a guide to the colours, figure out with ones are what.

--POWER---

-Blue with Black Stripe = ACC 12V (ignition power)
-Red with Black Stripe = Constant 12V (if your stereo doesnt have a fuse on its Constant 12V wire, BUY ONE!)
-Red with Blue Stripe = Illumination wire
-Black = Ground (although I suggest you use your own, or multiple ground points)

--FRONT SPEAKERS--

RIGHT: Brown wire and Black with Red stripe (Positive/negative unknown)
LEFT: Blue wire and Black with White Stripe (Positive/negative unknown)

You will notice that there are TWO Black wires with red stripes. To test which one is the speaker and which one is the power wire, get yourself a fully charged AA battery and put the BROWN wire on one end of the battery and one of the Black with Red stripe wires on the other side of the battery. When you get the right wire the right hand speaker will make clicking noises.

According to the Haynes Manual, all K11 have front speaker crossovers somewhere in the dash. These crossovers (most likely very simple units) are for the optional A-Pillar tweeter which came in many higher grade models, in Australia this being fully optioned Series 2 SLX and all Series 2 Super S. For optimal sound quality, I highly recommend running your own wires for the front speakers as the standard series 2 equipment is rather lacking.

--REAR SPEAKERS--

RIGHT: Red with Black stripe and Black with Pink stripe (positive/negative unknown)
LEFT: Black with Yellow stripe and Red with Yellow stripe (positive and negative unknown)

(Thanks to a Member of the Micra.au club, Yom.)

According to the Haynes Manual, all K11 have front speaker crossovers somewhere in the dash. These crossovers (most likely very simple units) are for the optional A-Pillar tweeter

Can someone confirms that? Because I received SR tweets and dont find any crossover in the dasH :/ How do I wire those ?
Thanks !
Seb

Back