Stereo wiring clues please....

In my attempt to get this car on the road....the saga continues:

Ok, at the moment the car is on 4 axle stands, wheels off. I have ordered but am waiting delivery of:
2 x front CV joints, rear brake shoes and nearside handbrake cable. I have already fitted new wheel cylinder,
new petrol cap, new tyres & had the welding done! I love this car:mad: So, seeing as I was getting bored, I thought I would look at the stereo which is not working and replace it with an Alpine unit I already had. Removed the stereo and the reason it's not working is its not wired in - in fact the connectors have been chopped off so there are only wires hanging there naked! I have bought a workshop manual on ebay but it's not here yet either so I'm not sure if it will be in the wiring diagram. So if possible, please advice what each wire does. There are twelve of them: Black/purple. Red/black. Black/Green. Red/Orange. White/black. Blue/black. Yellow. Red. Brown. Black/red. Black/white. Blue. Thank you all.

In my attempt to get this car on the road....the saga continues:

Ok, at the moment the car is on 4 axle stands, wheels off. I have ordered but am waiting delivery of:
2 x front CV joints, rear brake shoes and nearside handbrake cable. I have already fitted new wheel cylinder,
new petrol cap, new tyres & had the welding done! I love this car:mad: So, seeing as I was getting bored, I thought I would look at the stereo which is not working and replace it with an Alpine unit I already had. Removed the stereo and the reason it's not working is its not wired in - in fact the connectors have been chopped off so there are only wires hanging there naked! I have bought a workshop manual on ebay but it's not here yet either so I'm not sure if it will be in the wiring diagram. So if possible, please advice what each wire does. There are twelve of them: Black/purple. Red/black. Black/Green. Red/Orange. White/black. Blue/black. Yellow. Red. Brown. Black/red. Black/white. Blue. Thank you all.
Ok to get you started plain red wire should be main battery live... plain yellow is ignition live... and brown should be your earth even if it does earth through the aerial I used 2.
The rest will and should be speaker wiring iirc.

Ok to get you started plain red wire should be main battery live... plain yellow is ignition live... and brown should be your earth even if it does earth through the aerial I used 2.
The rest will and should be speaker wiring iirc.

Thank you for the response. I was so peeved that someone would chop the plugs off, I couldn't see the wood for the trees. Now that I have read your reply it is obvious & I feel like an idiot.

Thank you for the response. I was so peeved that someone would chop the plugs off, I couldn't see the wood for the trees. Now that I have read your reply it is obvious & I feel like an idiot.
This is a forum mate we're all here to help everyone no matter how big or small the problem :D
Good luck... another idea would be to go to breakers yard and cut the blocks off another micra and just match them up.

Back