Changing Stereo

Hello all.
It must be getting on a bit now... following the successful repair of the 'fallen window', my girlfriend's micra has now decided to kill the radio !
It was a long time coming in honesty as the screen display went over a year ago. It's just the standard fitted stereo.

Not being fully competent in all things car, can anyone give me a heads up on how easy it is to change the stereo for a new 1 ?
I'm hoping there aren't any special tools needed.

Will have to be a trip to Halfords or a local stereo place to choose a new 1 then. Any restrictions on power output that I shoud be aware of ?

(PS. Make sure you don't tell me how to get the old one out in under 10 secs, or I may get suspicious) :laugh:

Cheers all, in anticipation

Crackers

plastic fasia on dash 2 screws at top 2 behind ashtray take them out remove facia panel carefull you dont snap vents, 2 or 4 screws hold stereo in place remove these, and radio is out. micra wiring is not standard iso connector so you will need a wire kit halfrauds or motor factors around a tenner, fitting is the same as removal or you can use the cage that comes with new stereo fix it if using to the plastic facia , no earth is needed as micra earths through areial.................

Back