Removing Stereo?

W

whoareyou

Hi all,

Im new to this thread and was wondering if you could help.
I have just bought a Nissan Micra, 1997, 1ltr 16v.

I want to swap the exisiting stereo with that of another i have bought, but could someone please explain the basic function of removing the old one!!

I have tried seem likely to damage the dashboard if i continue the way i am!!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,

cheers

you need to undo the screw on the front dashbord facia there are two at the bottom and two in the middle facing upwards. rmove that and you will see the sterio it doesnt just pull out it is screwed in from the side.IIRC i removed the side trims aswell and got to the screws that way.

thanks very much, do you know if its generally fairly easy to then wire a new stereo to the micra?
I dont want to take the front off then find out its impossible to replace the stereo!!!

yes buy a nissan block connector from halfords its a straight plug and play. you have to mess about screwing the new cage in but its easy

i think its this one adaptor

or maybe this one

adaptor

pretty certain its the first one, looks like. but i dont understand the 2speaker and 4 speaker diffrentces when it come to the adaptor part, i didnt think there would be. my mums (2speaker) and mine (4 speaker) use the same one which is the first one :)

when i brought my car, it still had the original radio in, when i put my new cd player in, it was tiny compared to the old radio, so hence didnt fit. did anyone else have this problem, and how did you get round it??

sorry to hijacking your post "whoareyou" just thought it might be revelent to you too

lol, thats cool Emi, i was wondering that to?

Thanks JayY ill give that a go. thanks for all ya help

just replaced it, very easily done, thanks for ya help.
however the radio sound doesnt seem to be perfect and persume its the areial.
I tried unscrewing the exsiting one but cant seem to remove it, is there an easy way of replacing the areial?

thanks

Back