Stereo Issues K11c

Hi, newbie here. I have recently bought a 2002 k11c and have changed the standard head unit for a more up to date one with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity.
I'm having slight issues with the new stereo, when I turn the ignition in the car off the stereo is losing all power and wiping all of the settings I've programmed, date, time etc.
I have read up on this and checked that the continuous power line and ignition 12v line aren't wired into the wrong sides and also that there is still voltage through the continuous battery line when the car is switched off, checked the fuse in both the back of the stereo and in the drivers fuse box. I'm at a loss and this must be the 10th/11th car stereo I've fitted in my life but, I've never had this issue before. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you've definitely got a permanent 12v feed and its connected to the correct point of your new stereo then it can only be a faulty unit. Also the permanent live doesn't usually have a fuse to the head unit as its not drawing hardly any current. Only the main power feed has a fuse. Not always but usually.

Back