Steering vibration between 100-120km/hr

I just bought new rims and tyres.
upgrade from 14 inches to 15 inches..while doing 100km/hr to 120...the steering wheel vibrates,and i have just done wheel balancing and check parallel..
i even put 1 hubcentric ring..but the steering wheel still vibrates. :down:
please help friends..

thanks

If they are aftermarket wheels and they are using the rings to centre them you may have to jack the car up one wheel at a time to check the runout.
A pencil and bluetack is all you will need to check the runout.
Jack it up so the wheel is clear of the ground and you can spin it easily.
Put the blob of bluetack on the guard with the pecil attached to it and set the pencil so it just about touched the tread of the tyre.
Spin the wheel slowly and observe the gap between the pencil and the tyre. If it changes you have runout which is usually due to poor wheel maufacturing or the one size fits all approach with the rings that are installed.
If there is no runout on the arch to tread, reposition the pencil to the outside of the tyre/rim to check if it is buckled.

A quick fix for tread to arch runout is to find the biggest amount of gap between the pencil and the tread and carefully loosen the wheel enough to halve the gap and retighten the wheel nuts.

Hope this helps as I have had the same experience with aftermarket wheels fitted with hub spacers before. Annoyed the hell out of me until I worked out a solution.

Back