mild vibration on my wheels when exceeding 100k/hr

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
i have 13x6 offset +20 wheels and 175x70 tyres, and because the front rims are hitting the calipers i need to put 5mm spacer, the wheels hasnt been balanced yet, but just wondering if the spacer is causing the vibration

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hahahahahaha gold. If the spacer is causing the vibration I would be extremely surprised. You have stated that the tyres have not been balanced so that will be your problem. Go to another shop and tell them that you want them balanced. You don't want their input about the spacer you are the customer and you get done what you want done.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
hahahaha...classic up-sale. legal wise i've literally had BJ, Beaurepairs rock up asking for spacers b4 on customers cars... speco ones are actually quiet good from memory...they're made from alloy, shouldn't be the spacer.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
i had the local tyre place give me a spiel about the illegalities of spacers/hubs, and that they wouldn't put them on the car... solution: put the spacers on yourself then take the car back - they were more than happy to do the work then..

Back