Vibration on steering wheel, pedals and dashboard when idle

Hi, I own a 2006 62,000 mile 1.2 micra Urbis which has recently had a full service, sparkplugs replaced, new tyres and has been well looked after. But recently I have noticed vibration in the pedals, steering wheel and dash when in stopped in gear or neutral. When setting off the car no longer vibrates. Is this normal for the k12 Micra?

I took the car in to ATS euromaster and the mechanic seems to think it needs a new coil pack which is a £150 repair. But the engine doesn't seem to surge or misfire, it just vibrates at idle and was wondering whether to cancel the coil pack replacement unless they can prove it to me.

If it needed a coil it would be misfiring at idle, which "could" vibrate but only when it's missing, not constantly- you would also more than likely notice the miss under load in some form- hesitation, drop in revs, backfire etc

If it's vibrating continuously at idle then it's unlikely a coil pack from what you're saying- with it only happening on idle I'd say it was a worn mount/bush/heatshield that is vibrating with the car not being in motion but it could be several things and it's hard to pinpoint without listening for it at the car.

Ask another garage to try and find the source of the vibration.

Back