starting problems

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
sometimes my car will not start at all. the car is trying to start and all my control lamps is dead. the engine check lamp does not light. but after a while when i try to start it again it just starts fine. what's wrong? could it be something wrong with the key? (NATS problem) ? hope somebody can help me.

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
what is the afm?

well all dash lights is just dead when i'm trying to start it, but as soon i take out the key and try to start it again the dash lights are fine and the car starts just fine, have to do this couple of times before it starts, and sometimes it's starts right the way.. could this be the spark plugs? hvae never changed them... it's a 1996 micra. so it's time for it right?

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
all the dashlights is only dead when i turn the key and the car is supposed to start and the starter enigine says "EHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHE" tur it back, and try to start, the lights is just fine, so this is right.. is it? have tried another spare key. same problem. but the car starts after awhile.. i'm goining to a computer party this weekend. and i hope my little car will bring me safe home again.

CMF_Dr. Nokia

» CMF Member
It sounds like your starter motor is sticking - cant understand why on a 1996 car!

When you say dash lights go out when key is turned - do you mean they light up on 2nd turn of key - then 3rd turn to start they go out? if so then this is fine...

The best thing you can do is turn key so red lights come on etc and let the fuel pump jugger away (sounds like a little wirring noise) as soon you here a little click (the fuel pump rellay switching off) then start the car - if this work then it could be the AFM or your distributor getting wet sometimes... do you have to hold the revs to warm the car or does it just cut off as soon as its started? if so thats a sign of a damp dizzy cap and could also point to an AFM problem... if its non of these and the car just does a ticking noise it could very well be the starter motor or even the battery. Check everything very close and get back to us.

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
okay. now my car don't start at all, i think it's the ignition block because all the dash lights is dead and fan as well. after a while the car suddently started when i switch the ignition on and off and everything was okay. but now nothing is happening.

could it be the ignition block that is damaged? a mechanic told me it was the electronic part of the ignition block that need to be changed in to a new one. what do you guys think ?????

PLEASE HELP, my little green car need to be on the road again.

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Only way to find out is to get a multimeter and start fault finding.

I should imagine its your ignition barrel thats faulty, but only fault finding will tell you that for sure.

Do your lights and horn work? If so its possibly not a battery or battery connetion problem.

Back