Starting Problem - 99 Nissan March

18033307_1425514394137528_8138617450332804192_n-2.jpg
Hello all!
Say hello to Squeak. I bought her yesterday for €300 as a runaround for a few months. I know nothing of her history. I previously owned a 2001 K11 that will soon be going to the great car park in the sky. Learned how to fix a lot of things on her thanks to this forum and am hoping to do the same with this one!

So first issue...

She starts fine. Sometimes. And other times she plays dead. Lights come on, everything else but zero engine noise. No chugging from the starter motor. Nothing. I could turn the key 10 times or more and get no response, and then on turn 11 she'll start fine. Any ideas? I was thinking a start solenoid wire problem possibly?

Harker :)

Last edited:
either ignition switch or starter solenoid ? need to test the wire between the 2 really
Hey Frank, still looking in buddy ...good on ya - hope you are well.
928,000 hits on your thread mate......hoping to still be around when you hit the one million....party time !!!!

Does it generaly start ok when the car is cold but gives problems trying to start it when its hot? if so its probably the starter motor, ive just had the same problem with mine.

Back