Starter Motors - Help needed asap

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right,
was in perth today and the starter died. Now it has been doing this for a while now, what it does it it 'clicks' and won't even turn over, as if there ain't enough power.
So i got a bump start from a fellow passer by, and it was fine.

So leaving Perth, i went to visit my sister at work, went in, got some food and then came back out - click. Bastard.

So again i got another bump, (nearly drove off with the guys paper!!) and i got it home.

Really ####ed off about this, and want it sorted asap. What could the problem be? How easy is it to get the Starter off?

Titch :kungfu:

ive changed starter last xmas... really easy 30 min job... £30 recon (£10 back for ol motor)

i found that it was starter motor doing this but factors dude tested the battery and ht leads were replced..

fine now but you may wanna just take it off and clean it first replace and test...

ps carry a charged battry and leads or a jumper box if poss... just if u get stuck on your own...

put it in gear and let the hand brake of so it rolls forward untill it stops on the gear box,,then try starting it

is your battery good? if its pants it wont have enough power to turn the starter, that starter needs enough power to turn your flywheel. only turns at 100rpm tho

possibly just the solenoid thats gone

i heard u have a ga16 fly as well, surely that is heavier than the cg one, so may have caused stress on the starter but its doubtful

defenetly sounds like either starter motor or battery if its your starter its only 4 bolts 2 holding it into the gearbox and 2 nuts on the starter for your power and earth (make sure u disconnect the battery before doing anything or you will blow the main fuse)

Its the 1.4 cvt to take the strain of the primera box.
Battery is only a month old, i think its the solenoid but not sure :(

i have a cvt starter motor lying around somewere titch if you decide you need a replacement.

does it work at all?

or does it work once then dont work or work a few times then dont work?

Titch said:
Its the 1.4 cvt to take the strain of the primera box.

thought so, was gonna say upgrade if you didn't put the 1.4 in, but then george done it for ya so should have known you'd have it. :)

dunno really then mate, have a try of what others have said cleaning etc.

:)

mike said:
i have a cvt starter motor lying around somewere titch if you decide you need a replacement.

PM me with a price buddy.

Rik said:
put it in gear and let the hand brake of so it rolls forward untill it stops on the gear box,,then try starting it

Tried that, and thats how i used to get it going, but it was having none of it like. :(

Back