Stani you are a legend.but it's my turn now lol

Hey people,
Stani is a legend we all know that. But now for it to be my shot at the Scottish micra turbo. I was in the planning stage of doing the sr20det micra as dave bull done. Another legend. I am going to be buying and building my very own cg13det I am just looking for help really I am going to fully forge the internals and do it properly so that it's reliable to use everyday but also be my weekend warrior at crail.

So stani if you can help me through this obviously you will be probably driving it.

Any help is welcome and appreciated guys thanks alot

Eat my dust haha! What is it you want to know like? Please remember I don't give up so if im defeated I will come back stronger haha.

Good luck

Yeah I've seen videos on you tube of the one from Greece pretty quick too.

Well basically just what to run and what not to run and how you got the oil feed for the turbo to work properly. And to where you put it. I'm not fussed about boost ect in the beggining just the dumping really lol but power will be the main thing for me once I forge it. Do you recomend just rust running standard internals but do work on the head just for running the car on a daily basis? As I'm not going to racing anything until it's forged. I need help in what I can do. And well you know your stuff about it.

Thanks

You saying you won't race anything is a lie and you will melt pistons lol Been there done that, as for the oil feed and return look on my blog it's in your face lol I recommend you build an engine whilst you run the car n/a

Yeah well it is a lie lol you just can't help but do it lol. I will have a look. It's just a standard 1 litre the now and my plans was to build an engine while running the car. I already have a minted back box that cost £700 brand new but hey I never paid that thanks to my good friend. I don't know if you remember my old sr I went to crail when it was micra vs micra with you and greig with the 1 litre red one. Black sr with the rising sun on the tailgate. I never took the car in as it wasn't running 100% that day. But damn yours was mega quick. I think that was the day you raced the celica gt four an humped it lol.

Yeah I remember you car. And the best thing us to build an engine while you use the car daily. Prepare to spend lots though and believe me once it's running it won't be quick enough no matter what bhp it is. While there for sale buy noddies pistons!

Yeah well I've not got £500 right now but not too far of it lol I might be able to get them in the next 3-5 weeks as I'm starting a new job. And guess what it's being a mechanic lol. I'm not fussed about power for the first few months once it's built and run in that's when I will possibly think more about power and have more Money for it lol. I stay local to funky power not sure if you know the place but I am friendly and know the owner very well so he can get me all the bits I need. And do my custom exhaust for me. How much do you think it will cost ? I am willing to spend £5000 on the car but will go more I know I will lol. It will never be sold when finnished

£5000 is plenty, my whole engine only set me back £900 nothings forged though and built most of it myself. Good luck and keep us updated

That's put a massive smile on my face :D well that means I am limiting it to £2000 on the engine all in maybe less if I can. And the rest on my goodies. I shall keep you updated and will keep an eye out for new things cheers mate

Stock K11 engine i've had over 160hp on dyno with no problems. The key is the ecu. If you want to do the conversion correctly then the FIRST thing you do is sort out the ECU side of things. Other wise your just wasting your time.

Allrighty mullet. I will have pics soon. My computer is down at the moment using this stupid iPhone lol.

Hey ed, yeah I am looking at ecu's and will probarly run the greedy e manage as a friend if my dads has the equipment and programmer to remap it as he runs that in his s14. But failing that there is a fella that will remap and set everything up for around £300 and stays like 5 minutes away next town.

And mullet there is a picture of my micra on www.ghostriderz.net on the header with the bbs split rims on it. 15"x8.5" looks so sweet with them on it but I have seen my new wheels from rota. Can't remember the name for them but it's not slipstreams lol. Will post up links to some places I have used and will use again. Here is onewww.Funkypower.com and www.planetperformance.co.uk both the same guy but both have different purposes.

Cheers

You saying you won't race anything is a lie and you will melt pistons lol Been there done that, as for the oil feed and return look on my blog it's in your face lol I recommend you build an engine whilst you run the car n/a

Not if he learns from your track record Stani and takes note of Ed's advice and prioritises the project properly i.e. he does not skimp on engine management and associated fuelling.

XmicraboyX - Emanage Blue will only take you so far.......if you're going to the trouble of buying Noddies forged pistons, (assuming he hasn't decided to keep them), then I would consider at the very least some of the current options available through Ed. Even if he cannot help you directly due to location he can point you in the right direction.

Yeah I am gonna get everything I need first then do it don't wanna have the car off the road long really hopefully it's gonna be on the road in the next month or two as the standard 1.0 with a few goodies like exhaust and bits.

Low rider-- yeah well it's all a learning curve with these kinda things and if I can I will take a few weeks holiday and head down to ed's place and just work hard getting it all done and set up depending on work as I go for a interveiw for a new job tomorrow :D.

Here's a little list that will be getting done:-

Full custom exhaust (manifold back with tanabe racing super medallion back box) from funky power
Lowered by an incredible amount (price of an angle grinder and welder)
R33 gtr vspec front seats with custom rear.
2x hidden 10" subs and components
Full respray in standard Nissan White
Hot rod mirrors
Facelift rear bumper and tail lights
Custom built front headlights
Custom front bumper pre-facelift (number plate recess smoothed out)
And a few other goodies

And once it's time for turbo it's all gonna be tweaked with suspension and brakes and more expensive goodies in the engine department.

This is my third k11 and am not gonna leave a single thing untouched I made the mistake with my purple one and just had too much money and went and bought stupid 17" alloys and drove it like a corsa owner would drive (I've had a corsa and a nova)

I am planning to be doing a double feature in banzai with my friend who has a eg6 sir2 civic next year if I can have it done by then.

Time shall tell though. Work should be gettin started in the next few weeks so will get pics up of the car on how it's coming along.

Thanks

i dont beleive i skimped on engine management, i have an omex ecu

At least the melted pistons did the job we never could, in convincing you to do it properly, eh Stan ;)

Sounds like you've got quite a project going there XmicraboyX, and yeah it's definately a learning curve.......but thankfully some of us have been there and done that, so can help you avoid the usual pitfalls and help you towards a good system based on what you want to achieve. Ed's done many of these now with plenty of success.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted :)

Yeah I seen stanis car in action and my god it was some piece of kit for running standard internals.

Yeah I'm a big fan of ed's work he has achieved a massive rep in the micra scene and that's a good thing.

Yeah I will keep you all posted and it will be a good project for me to get into as I like my hands getting dirty. I'm hoping to do most of the work myself but with help from friends and fellow msc members

Thanks

Yeah I seen stanis car in action and my god it was some piece of kit for running standard internals.

Yeah I'm a big fan of ed's work he has achieved a massive rep in the micra scene and that's a good thing.

Yeah I will keep you all posted and it will be a good project for me to get into as I like my hands getting dirty. I'm hoping to do most of the work myself but with help from friends and fellow msc members

Thanks

hey guys ave not been on in a while

well updates are here. now the car is at a standstill atm as cash is low but i sourced myself a cg13de for £50 with gearbox and loom only got 48000ish mile on it :) the car is now lowered majorly i cut the springs lol the interior is all stripped out the false floor and sub enclosures are bein built my full rollcage is gettin done next week at a cost of £450 i have also sourced myself a set of superlites for it so things are going well but as i said cash is low oh amd i am also turning it into a little van :) gotta have some space for the dog he is only a staffordshire bull terrier so dont need too much room for him

thanks guys

Back