standard ride height

martinb

Ex. Club Member
sorry if this is been covered before but the search button = fail

just need to know stock ride height floor to arch with standard 13;s roughley please

thanks

about a metre?

i will have a quick look in the haynes for you if its there mate.

by floor to arch,

do you mean the road to the top of the curve?

mine,s 545mm front and 555mm rear (arch to floor)
or 140mm front and 155mm rear sill to floor
the last stock one i measured (S reg on 165/60/14,s) was 65mm higher than mine front and back

thank you guys,just trying to work out where i am height wise with half a coil in!!

coilovers it may have to be then.....:(

Lolz, I thought you meant you had half a coil - I was wondering what the point of just one half of a coil was.

I guess half is about four coils is it?

810coils.jpg

My mate Johnny used to roll a Datsun 180B wagon with the lower springs in - stockers at the top. He had about 1/2" of suspension travel.

coilovers it may have to be then.....:(

matiz front legs complete FTMFW mart :cool: here,s mine atm with loads of preload still in the springs (ie, compressors needed to assemble them) you can see the wishbones pointing upwards (you wont want to go much lower fwn)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10789.JPG
    SDC10789.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 470
think it may be the case frank,happy with the front just back has half the stock coil in but needs another 20mm, more coils is really taking the pess me thinks

the 175/60's offer good visual stance but are rubbing on rear due to funking panhard rod, need an adjustable one, i got rear tuck and rear poke!!

they look like my springs now mark, literally half the spring!

frank is it possible the rear matiz shocks fit in ok? much work to get em on, i read about the front and they seem quite straight forward, was thinking some decent 35mm lowering springs for them to get round aboout 80-90mm drop?

maybe just one coil of the springs to touch the much neeeded 100mm mark?:p

540mm front and 560mm rear, arch to floor

just measured them

need that 20mm on rear me thinks

how much roughly should i be paying from a breakers yard gents for the whole suspension units front and back

cheap as chips i hope

what gets me as im probably the only person to ever ask for em and if i didnt the matiz would get squashed with em on for nothing!!grr

cheers

no mart the matiz shock has eyes top and bottom iirc (and i hav,nt found a suitable shorter rear shock yet :wasntme: )
mine were shortened and re-threaded eh, but they,re damned hard steel tho and they take some threading

thats a shame, i rang an engineering firm and they wont touch them as there hardened steel, ball ache.... the search continues!!:eek:

how much roughly should i be paying from a breakers yard gents for the whole suspension units front and back

cheers

my front legs ware £25 the pair mart, and me and kamisama were cheeky and got 2 pairs of r/springs from a different yard for £10 lol (for the 4 :eek:)

the 175/60's offer good visual stance but are rubbing on rear due to funking panhard rod, need an adjustable one, i got rear tuck and rear poke!!

frank is it possible the rear matiz shocks fit in ok? much work to get em on, i read about the front and they seem quite straight forward, was thinking some decent 35mm lowering springs for them to get round aboout 80-90mm drop?

We need picks of the 175s Mart - are they on a 7 or an 8?

Matiz springs are not easily cuttable - Frank showed me them the other day - they are tapered at the ends so need re-shaping to fit the cups.

However these shaped ends are the same diameter ish as the micra front springs - what sort of height would you get with micra fronts in the matiz legs? could you cut em to suit - that way you would get stiffer springs and better damping - all in a shorter strut body.

what sort of height would you get with micra fronts in the matiz legs? could you cut em to suit - that way you would get stiffer springs and better damping - all in a shorter strut body.

the matiz front springs are tapered dowm on the bottom end mark, white arrows in pic (like the r/springs, but on 1 end only)
but the stock matiz f/springs are,nt soft anyway (to compensate for the soft compression damper) and they only get stiffer as you shorten them eh, so you could shorten the stock spring till its just about captured when fully extended but then you would need bigger diameter wheels to stop the car dragging on the floor tho :eek:
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10665.JPG
    SDC10665.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 425
no mart the matiz shock has eyes top and bottom iirc (and i hav,nt found a suitable shorter rear shock yet :wasntme: )
mine were shortened and re-threaded eh, but they,re damned hard steel tho and they take some threading

frank not possible to cut rear eye let off and rethread the shaft of the shock? got to be worth a go if it can be done

ive been trying to think of something that could fit, what about a scooter rear damper of a moped? would it be strong enough to withstand the weight of the micra?

there,s no actual weight on the shock eh mart, but the stiffer the damping the stronger it has to be.
and there,s sure to be a suitable oem shock, its just a matter of "from what car" ? :grinning:

does any one know the length of a stock shock on rear frank/mark?

wanna do a search for cars but need a height to see whay im working at please

cheers

does any one know the length of a stock shock on rear frank/mark?

wanna do a search for cars but need a height to see whay im working at please

cheers

my shortened ones are 440mm mart (center of rubber to center of rubber) i think they were 560mm originally :eek:

so you removed 120mm of your stock shaft??? that sounds to much?

yeh, i wanted to lift my inside back wheel on corners mart lol :wasntme: , here,s it fully extended
(i can lift it off the ground by grabbing the wheelarch too :eek:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0263.JPG
    PICT0263.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 336
Back