sr20de ecu on cg?

is it possible to use a sr20 ecu on a cg? dint really want to ask this question as it may sound stupid but i don't have a sr20 pinout diagram to look at and compare. tried doing a bit of searching but cant seem to find anything.

cheers steve

Really can't help on that one. Almera ga ecu requires some pins to be swapped on loom!

Interesting though cose Iam currently looking for remap options. Gonna ask rising sun if they can map stock ecu :) they did my r33 ecu and no one else outside of Japan can do r33 ecus

Pins will be different - why would you want to put a 2l ECU on a 1.3 engine or have I missed something :suspect:

Ta,

Pins will be different - why would you want to put a 2l ECU on a 1.3 engine or have I missed something :suspect:

Ta,
because he has one already craig :) and are,nt the pinouts the same for pre-nats CG/GA/SR (i,ve got diags somewhere in this pooter lol)

cheers frank yeah i already have one am i right in thinking the pre-nats is the obd1? i had a quick look on the sr20forum and the pinout diagram i found was not readable i think it looked very similar from what i could make out. if it works i will let you know lol.

cheers

cheers frank yeah i already have one am i right in thinking the pre-nats is the obd1? i had a quick look on the sr20forum and the pinout diagram i found was not readable i think it looked very similar from what i could make out. if it works i will let you know lol.

cheers

non-europe went obd2 long before us eh (the short fat pinout plug), so there,s probably pre-nats obd1, nats obd1 and obd2 (3 different pinout types) :eek:

yeah its not really something i understand to well lol so the long thin plug is obd1? if thats right then the 2.0l ecu i have is pre-nats obd1 i know my ecu is defo non-nats as it came off a m-reg serena and i used it on my n14 sunny.

I guess you are obviously going to get it re mapped as soon as its fitted right? it would be all over the place if the parameters are not set. Can't for the life of me see the point in doing this, get ed to just sort you a nistune and get him to map it. Job Done!

yeah was going to get it mapped when i finally get it on the road anyway cg or sr ecu. i think there is to much speculation over this to even bother really i may as well just fit the cg ecu when i get it tomorrow. i was just going to use the sr ecu as it was lying round. i am not sure yet if i am staying N/A or going turbo so the cg ecu would be the best bet if the sr one is gonna make it run crap. i just thought id ask as im a numpty when it comes to the ecu side of things :laugh:

Back