CG on a RWD box?

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Go on then, anybody got a clue if it might be possible with Nissan/Datsun parts bin raiding. I kow anything is possible with the inginuity and 24h emergency machine shop. But can it actually be done in the real world?

Why, well I've thought for a while that a CG1300 Austin A35 or A40 could be fun, Morris 1000 too maybe. There are tried and tested routes with the 1275 A series, but the CG would make a pretty cool super reliable and efficient package. And disturb the flat cappers no end.

discard a pinto bellhousing, shove the spline into the clutchplate (arrowed), and then bolt it together mark :)

PA030038.JPG

Having trouble quoting lad? Yeh between the box, props shaft , axel and diff of a rwd setup... Worth it with a 1.3/1.4?
Yea I was a tad :(

Hmm not really in my opinion... there's a lot more work involved too with the tunnel needing rework to accept the box and remodelling for the rear axle setup they themselves outweigh the benefit. In comparison weight wise. My rear diff, shafts, mounts and prop etc weight 45kg... without the gearbox.. but mine are bigger than the nissan stuff. Expect to gain 50-60kg... leave it to you to decide if its worth it

Back