sr20 throttle body

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
what would be involved in fitting the sr20 throttle body and inlet onto the micra. obviously i would need to cut and weld the new flanges on, do the cg injectors fit straight into the inlet. does the sr20 use different sensors on the intake (maf etc) if so i assum i would block these off coz the cg doesnt use them? i know a remap would be needed but is that it or am i missing sumthin

why would you put the inlet on? I imagine it would be much too widly spaced for the CG13, you would probably need a custom inlet, but i could be wrong. Not really seen much info on this before, yes you would need a remap though.

It could lead to idling problems like with the GA16, so does a piggyback ECU support this? or is it stand alone or micra pete ecu only?

no it wouldnt but once the cams and gas flow head are on i think it would. just curious really as b crew do a kit to put this on but its expensive and i was thinkin that theyre cant be that much involved

as said above all of the the spacing will be wrong for the inlets, you are best of improving the flow in your standard inlet manifold and increaseing the bore of your tb. that said you may as well go custom with the price that, that work will cost. simple answer no it wont fit and the trouble and cost to make it fit would not be worth it imo. hope that helps, ps please correct me if i wrong but thats how i would see things happening.

what about the 100NX TB? as far as i can see they are a straight swap but would there be any power gains or is the GA16 still the best one?

the sr20 throttle conversion is a popular one with the high power n/a japanese lads, it requires an adapter plate, this is what b-crews sell, you also need to figure out a place for the maf, re-sort the wiring and alter the ecu to suit the sr maf

what makes you thing that your maxing out your existing unit, on a turbo engine maybe if you were running really high boost but its more down to how well youre runners going to youre cylinders can do, that will be the first thing that maxes out

possibly a porting job will be the best first option and then tb, it seems more aggro than its worth

Back