SR20 throttle body.

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Hi guys, just out of interest. What would I gain if added to my k11? Would I have to use SR20 maf also? Cheers

Yeh didn't think it was a direct fit either. Probs have to make plenum. But if ga tb and injectors are direct fit then I might crack on.... Just curious as to what gains? Higher acceleration.? More air?

Yeh didn't think it was a direct fit either. Probs have to make plenum. But if ga tb and injectors are direct fit then I might crack on.... Just curious as to what gains? Higher acceleration.? More air?
I'm sure on a naturally aspirated engine it will only use as much air as it needs to so I doubt you'll see much if any improvement.

Cheers guys. :) will look into it. After a good weekend on yeh rollers I want more power. I was only 27bhp of a 2.0 Mazda :p

Cheers guys. :) will look into it. After a good weekend on yeh rollers I want more power. I was only 27bhp of a 2.0 Mazda :p
addictive aint it jay :) i personally found that a bigger t/b on the turbo was a handicap, when the turbo to t/b chargepipe and intercooler is usually about 40mm, a 45mm t/b is,nt going to be a bottleneck in any way eh, and you lose t/p/s sensor calibration because the 60mm SR have such a high flowrate @ 1/4 throttle.
but when running N/A the airflow through the inlet is far more more critical, so there are more gains to be had from the bigger t/b :)
and i used the CG maf eh

Considering the difference between a SR20DE (150hp), and a SR20VE (200hp), they have the same 60mm, and when people go turbo with these, people don't need bigger TB's..

Use a GA15 t/B on the CG engines IMO

You can fit GA injectors directly, but what kind of engine management are you planning on running? If you just slap on bigger injectors, it's gonna run rich!

Try finding a set from a GA16DE, that'll give you alot of headroom

Considering the difference between a SR20DE (150hp), and a SR20VE (200hp), they have the same 60mm, and when people go turbo with these, people don't need bigger TB's..

Use a GA15 t/B on the CG engines IMO
the N1 SR20VE (200hp) had a 70mm t/b iirc daniel

Cheers Frank. Will be scouting a bigger tb soon. Would you recommend a ga or Sr and ga injectors?
mine ran at its best with the 211cc QG injectors jay, and i had to pull the pumpfuse to start the car with the 198cc GA injectors for some reason ??, but some members seem to run the GA ones np :)

the N1 SR20VE (200hp) had a 70mm t/b iirc daniel
Sorry, my bad, I hang too much on the SR20-forums, and there are almost only turbo performance upgrades there (150hp->500hp), and noone there has to upgrade their T/B :p

I only run my CG as a daily driver, so I don't think I'll ever upgrade my engine at all..

Back