sr20 injectors !!

just fitted some sr20 injecotrs from the 2.0l primera into the existing fuel rail and it has started to kick a lot more smoke out from the exhaust and fuel consumsion has increased hugely .. is this going to cause any lasting damage to my engine and would a remap help me ?
thanks ..

just fitted some sr20 injecotrs from the 2.0l primera into the existing fuel rail and it has started to kick a lot more smoke out from the exhaust and fuel consumsion has increased hugely .. is this going to cause any lasting damage to my engine and would a remap help me ?
thanks ..

ermm why? lol theres no need to uprate the the injectors with a standard set up. it will be over fueling a lot...its chucking too much fuel into the engine hence why its using loads of fuel. a remap would help, but its not worth it as it wont really make anygains...

i would have gone ga16 fuel rail and a ga16 throttle body. then get it mapped up...should give abit of a gain :)

ermm why? lol theres no need to uprate the the injectors with a standard set up. it will be over fueling a lot...its chucking too much fuel into the engine hence why its using loads of fuel. a remap would help, but its not worth it as it wont really make anygains...

i would have gone ga16 fuel rail and a ga16 throttle body. then get it mapped up...should give abit of a gain :)

how much will this cost from the scrappy and is it a straight swop deatons have a ga16 almera in and i get paid on thursday :)

yearh i went last week lol...had the bonnet up on that almera looking for bits...someone has had the spoiler off it and put it on the boot of that micra :D

ermm, £30 for fuel rial and TB??? that seems to sound about right. lol i was gonna get one ages ago. couldnt find a ga16 in viaduct.

yearh i went last week lol...had the bonnet up on that almera looking for bits...someone has had the spoiler off it and put it on the boot of that micra :D

ermm, £30 for fuel rial and TB??? that seems to sound about right. lol i was gonna get one ages ago. couldnt find a ga16 in viaduct.

haha that spoiler was me :) i was gonna have it but it dont look right .. orite thats not too bad a price really for both :) im banned from viaduct cos he thinks i stole things from it ;)

lol..via duct love me...always there. i dont like deatons cause they have cameras. and ,my mates are always putting stuff in there socks..:S

...altough i didnt say that officer :D

lol..via duct love me...always there. i dont like deatons cause they have cameras. and ,my mates are always putting stuff in there socks..:S

...altough i didnt say that officer :D

just rang deatons .. £25 throttle body and £20 fuel rail + injectors.

haha i dont think a splitter, turbo, brake disc, caliper braket and about 40 fuses and bulbs fit in your socks but hey thats what they said :s

lol...just wear a big long coat. hide all sorts in there :D

haha ye but hes quite a crazy man when hes angry trust me he threatened to kill me haha then told me to f ook off :p was quite funny really and he drop kicked my splitter cos he thought it was his and it didnt move haha .. tiger seal ;)

the GA rail wont fit, but the injectors will, what year was the primera ? (sr injectors) btw :)
( i thought they were all topfeed) and what colour are they ?

im not sure on the colour of them frank but would the primera ones be ok to use with the ga16 throttle body

im not sure on the colour of them frank but would the primera ones be ok to use with the ga16 throttle body

i think so yeh, (my 1.6 injectors and 1.6 t/b seem ok) yours should,nt be overfueling really,( unless you have a lambda problem) ed said that the k11 ecu is closed loop in it,s entirety (so it should overide just about any injector that you fit, i would have thought fwn)

i think so yeh, (my 1.6 injectors and 1.6 t/b seem ok) yours should,nt be overfueling really,( unless you have a lambda problem) ed said that the k11 ecu is closed loop in it,s entirety (so it should overide just about any injector that you fit, i would have thought fwn)

ok thanks i will have the ga16 throttle body on thursday then .. are all the plugs the same and does it need any modified inlet manifolds etc ?

ok thanks i will have the ga16 throttle body on thursday then .. are all the plugs the same and does it need any modified inlet manifolds etc ?

the idle control valves are different, i cut mine off and use a vacuum control valve on the dash instead, but you might be able to figure the wiring out :grinning:
the throttle cable bracket needs re-setting too (it hits #3 injector)
but the maf and tps fit the same tho (there are some pics in my blog, bottom of page 2 ?)

the idle control valves are different, i cut mine off and use a vacuum control valve on the dash instead, but you might be able to figure the wiring out :grinning:
the throttle cable bracket needs re-setting too (it hits #3 injector)
but the maf and tps fit the same tho (there are some pics in my blog, bottom of page 2 ?)

vacuum control valve ? how could this be done ? also what have you cut the other 2 plugs off with ?

vacuum control valve ? how could this be done ? also what have you cut the other 2 plugs off with ?

the idle control valve controls how much air bleeds/leaks past the butterfly (like when you take a vacuum pipe off and the revs pick up)
so my valves (and water heated waxstat) have all been cut off, and one of the manifold vacuum pipes runs to the dash and through a valve that can be screwed open/closed :)

Back