fuel injectors

I've just got bought a k11 1.3 super sport and the lad who i got it off said it has primera fuel injectors in, is this good or bad and if good how? could u please help me:grinning:

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
It's good, means that it has the capability to put more fuel into the engine, giving it more performance :)

Aww thats great news i was talking to the lad today and he said he thinks that it might have primera throttle bodies and ecu but he isnt sure would the car need remapped or not?

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
If it has the ECU from a primera chances are it wont run (or has been remapped already)

Most people go for throttle bodies and injectors.

Robb

Site Supporter
what kind of performance gains can actually be had from putting big injectors and throttle bodies in?

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
personally, i'm not sure (Not having done it) I presume faster throttle response would be the main thing. :)

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
Also a capability of flooding his throttle body. igloo if he posts his pic of the set up, take a look at his fuel management.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
You won't flood the throttlebody as it is mounted way before the injectors.
Craig

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
Yep, the TB will be fine.

The ECU should be ok, just running primera injectors, if he wants to really go for it something like an e-manage if he's running bigger cams, turbo, etc etc etc :)

Personally i dont know what has exactly been done to the cars engine all i know is that it has primera injectors in and the lad said he wasnt sure if it had throttle bodies and ECU.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
NATS is Nissan Anti Theft System - it is an immboliser that stops the ECU (and car) from working if the corret key is not used.
Craig

Oh right thanks for explaining but how would i know if there was primera injectors throttlebodies and ECU in the car would it sound diff or just perform better?

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
You cna tell if the throttlebody has been changed if there is a plug dangling and a plate blanking off somehting on the bback of the body - also one of the coolant lines going into it is too small, so a larger piece of hose will be around it.

The injectors - the one by the throttle cable mounting bracket fouls it, so will either be spacered out (the bracket) or the injector will be twisted around.

The ECU is located in the centre console towards the bulkhead, there will be a part numbr on it, if you could post this up (if you can be bothered to check it - it is a bit of a hassle) then we could prob work out what car it was rom.

Hope this helps, Craig

Yes thats a lot of help thanks and the car is at me mates house because it has no alarm and a dont want to leave it in my street so the next time i go to his house which will be next week sometime al check for all of the stuff you said thanks

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
It is on the backside of the body IIRC and the larger hose is on the driver side.
Craig

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Not sure really, any chance you could get some pics up?
Is there 1 plug disconnected?
Craig

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
It will be on the same part of the loom as the other plugs for the throttlebody.
Craig

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
IIRC Primera injectos are the wrong size and will not fit the K11. Given the probability I would say the car has stock injectors.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Oh 1.6 yes possibly. I admit i was thinking 2.0. I always forget they did 1.6. with that in mind yes could be fitted but it would be a horrid modification. as in totally pointless without them being 'tuned in' correctly.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
The injector colour will tell you which injectors are fitted. Standard ones are grey, 1.6's are black.

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
no point in putting the 1.6 ones untill your engine requires more fuel. any the standard ones are fine up to and quite a bit above 100bhp.

They will fit but as i say no need ;)

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
its a micra throttle body

the silver plate is the air flow meter, theres a plug going into the side of this 'silver plate' - yes ?

and its sealed in and not screwed ?

craig im not sure of the blacking plate you talk of either .... is it to block the AAC + FICD on the front of the 1.6 throttle body

i have a spare 1.6 throttle body, and also a 1.0l. they will be going on ebay monday night prob. also got 2or3 ECU's, for both. some have nats tho