sr20 fuel rail

Ok next question.... Seeing as I don't really want to spend more money on things I already have, if I cut 'n' shut my s14 rail would it be safe to use high pressure rubber hose to join the pieces together?

Technically that would work and is a flucking clever idea but depends as you say about hoses? Can they withstand 4 bar of pressure? 32 psi in a tyre would be 2 1/4 bar :/

So 4 bar is around 56 psi ? If it held it Would be so easy to make :)

Ed opinions please

Luckily I finish work soon so I can go to my local forge motorsport and ask them about their silicon hoses :grinning:

Just had thought, my fse fpr has a high pressure hose coming of the end of the fuel rail to the regulator, that has 4 bar running through it ...?

Haha cheers dude.

S13? S13 in this country only came with the CA18 and the JDM motors came with the SR20de,SR20DET, CA18. ALthough i might be wrong.... and if it is an S13 then ive no idea.

If you want side feed with big injectors then get an Almera SR20 ful rail. 440cc STI subaru injectors fit fine with alterations only to the wiring needed. Also the injectors from the S14 and S14a are a adirect fit and should handle about 250 BHP on a boosted SR.
If you want top feed with big injectors then get a P11 GT SR20 fuel rail (Non-GT models are side feed like the N15) and you can fit 444cc injectors from a Pulsar GTi-R.

You can also get 550cc nismo injectors. Although sidefeed/topfeed. i do not know.

Hope this helps buddy

Stock s14 injectors can easily handle alot more than 250bhp!
That's nowhere near 80% duty
I'm running at last dyno 300 bhp on stock sr injectors I'm pushing it a bit but 250 is nothing I'd consider 280-290 safe

Anyway s14 silvias generally have sr20de as do s15 none r spec, all uk 200sx have det engines uk 200sx s13 is ca18det jdm 180sx has sr20det red top none vvt

The idea of a high pressure hose isn't viable spoke to bloke at forge and they don't do any hoses capable of high fuel pressure :down:

Stock s14 injectors can easily handle alot more than 250bhp!
That's nowhere near 80% duty
I'm running at last dyno 300 bhp on stock sr injectors I'm pushing it a bit but 250 is nothing I'd consider 280-290 safe

Anyway s14 silvias generally have sr20de as do s15 none r spec, all uk 200sx have det engines uk 200sx s13 is ca18det jdm 180sx has sr20det red top none vvt

Ah ok cool :grinning: learn something new everyday I suppose

My fpr hoses can hold 4 bar as per intructions? If I use the hoses from the kit and they fit very snuggly on the fuel rail with hose clips provided why wouldn't it work?

My fpr hoses can hold 4 bar as per intructions? If I use the hoses from the kit and they fit very snuggly on the fuel rail with hose clips provided why wouldn't it work?

the stock fuelpipes have got a retaining bead swaged into them tho mart eh

where the fuel line attaches to the rail the rail has a slight mushroom flare to the pipe... kinda like exhaust hangers if you get what i mean

Attachments

• SDC11592.JPG
    SDC11592.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 906
Here you see the intake on a lowport SR20DE found in an almera GTi

IMG_0126.jpg

And here you can see the intake on a Highport SR20DE.

IMG_0125.jpg

As you can see the lowport and highport are quite different. The fuel rails are different. The runners on the intake manifold are much longer than the lowport. The injectors are the same. standrad 259cc SR20 side feed injectors. As shown here:

IMG_0136.jpg

Here are the two fuel rails side by side and you can see the differences.

IMG_0124.jpg

Lowport here:
IMG_0140.jpg

and highport here:
IMG_0139.jpg

Now both these fuel rails are capable of taking ANY SR20 SIDE FEED INJECTOR. Regardless of the differences in the rails.

NOW onto the GA16 stuff.

Here is a UKDM GA16 fuel rail found on N15 nissan almeras

IMG_0141.jpg

These can only carry the UKDM 159cc injectors.

BUT this fuel rail here :
IMG_0142.jpg
is from a B13 SENTRA (91-94) in the USA and although it is also from a GA16 it is different to the UKDM fuel rail.... This fuel rail is capable of taking ANY SR20 side feed injectors aswell as standard GA16 american injectors. BUT will NOT fit UKDM injectors due to the sizes as you can quite clearly see.

IMG_0143.jpg

UKDM GA16 injector (i do not have any USDM injectors so cant get a picture)

And here is the SR20DE side by side with the UK GA16 injector.
IMG_0144.jpg

Here we can see all Fuel rails along side each other:

IMG_0138.jpg

The top one is a highport side feed SR20. 259cc standard.
The next one down is the lowport side feed SR20. 259cc standard.
Next one down is the UKDM GA16DE. 159cc standard
Next one is the USDM GA16DE from a B13 Sentra (unsure on cc, althoguh it may be 185cc) and is capable of taking ANY sr20 side feed injector so is a good upgrade on UK and US GA's and they also come with better intake manifolds in the US and will show noticeable gains on the UK GA's.

Now that sentra GA16 one i have there may be closer to fitting the CG than the SR one. But im not totally sure as i dont have a CG one to compare with. Cutting may be less...or more. im not sure

But if anyone wants to take the risk then its for sale... I wont take any less than £50 posted for it as the cost of getting it over here was quite alot. All the fuel rails and injectors you can see there are for sale so gimme a shout if you see something you want.

Hope ive helped you guys.

that sentra one looks like the one dens is on about in the link (cyl 1 and 2/ cyl 3 and 4 closer together, and cyl 2 and 3 further apart eh) ie 1 cut ?

I'd hope so, scopez uses the sentra rail with s14a sr20det injectors on a stock ga16 manifold

If anyone can measure up whether the ga16 fuel rail would fit the cg with one central cut as per link then the sentra should be spot on :)

Thanks again everyone very informative posting right here .......:)

The US fuel rail is the same as the UK one in terms or spacing but it can carry much larger injectors.

If you have a UK GA fuel rail, you can compare the CG rail to it and see how much modification is needed to fit the UK one to a CG Intake. If its less work then the sentra one may be a better choice than the SR one.

the CGA topfeed setup might be a better option for you turbo guys :)
the spacing is correct, and the 2 fixing brackets line up perfect (arrowed)
apparently my QG (red ) injectors are rated at 211 cc @ 3 bar and 14.5 ohms, but there are bigger ones available eh

Attachments

• SDC12136.JPG
    SDC12136.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 861
the CGA topfeed setup might be a better option for you turbo guys :)
the spacing is correct, and the 2 fixing brackets line up perfect (arrowed)
apparently my QG (red ) injectors are rated at 211 cc @ 3 bar and 14.5 ohms, but there are bigger ones available eh

frank sorry to bump an old thread but what are we looking at here?

is that a cg13 inlet with a cga fuel rail modded to fit? it sounds like it by the way you wrote it?

if it is would you be so kind to see if the cg13 t/b would fit and give clearance of the fuel rail etc?

thanks mate(Y)

if waz for life ever sends ed/noddie his fuel rail back i have an already fitted fuel rail but this is not likely grr

cheers

frank sorry to bump an old thread but what are we looking at here?

is that a cg13 inlet with a cga fuel rail modded to fit? it sounds like it by the way you wrote it?

cheers

you have to cut the idle control valve off and mount it remotely, else it hits the topfeed rail martin (like the t/b on the left)
or else you could turn the t/b around 180 deg (like in the pic)
either way the QG injectors have solved my fuelling out, with no leaning out even with the QG 50mm t/b and 100+hp :grinning:
it works fine for N/A, but turbo,s need some extra spark retard tho eh fwn (else you would have to manually retard it and live with it being laggy at low revs)

Attachments

• SDC12262.JPG
    SDC12262.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 705
Awesome thanks for the help, I have in my garage a ga16 tb with iac valve cut off

Could I run without it completely?

Does all wiring still fit with the reverse tb and all injector wires fit the top feed injectors?

Just looking for the easiest solution

Also ignore me pm hadn't seen the updat
Cheers

Awesome thanks for the help, I have in my garage a ga16 tb with iac valve cut off

Could I run without it completely?

Does all wiring still fit with the reverse tb and all injector wires fit the top feed injectors?

Just looking for the easiest solution

Also ignore me pm hadn't seen the updat
Cheers

the remote i/c/v is easy to setup mate, and makes it more user friendly :grinning:.
the injector plugs are slightly different (you have to shave a locating rib off the side).
and i had to untape the loom a bit for the t/b plugs to reach

Attachments

• PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,247
So let's say for instance I used the stock cg13 inlet and tb

Then used Micra topfeed injectors (swapped to something bigger when required).

Swapped fuel rail, could I just turn throttle body after drilling and tapping inlet to suit 180 degree turn tb

Ive already un wired the loom and have an s14 sr20 det air flow meter in line

So basically stock inlet, top feed fuel rail and Re-drilled inlet with 180 degree cg13 tb?

Cheers

So let's say for instance I used the stock cg13 inlet and tb

Then used Micra topfeed injectors (swapped to something bigger when required).

Swapped fuel rail, could I just turn throttle body after drilling and tapping inlet to suit 180 degree turn tb

Ive already un wired the loom and have an s14 sr20 det air flow meter in line

So basically stock inlet, top feed fuel rail and Re-drilled inlet with 180 degree cg13 tb?

Cheers

the (blue) CGA injectors underfuelled on mine martin, so dont bother with those.
i would say that the (red) QG ones would be fine upto about 120hp (with a stock ecu).
and my other mani with the CG t/b turned around has a cut-off mount welded ontop

Attachments

• SDC12263.JPG
    SDC12263.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 661
Back