sr20 fuel rail

has anyone got any pics of a sr20 fuel rail modified to fit a cg13? or has anyone got any info regarding the best way to do it as i don't really want to hack it up and make a mess of it

Do recall the GA16 fuel rail needs minor modification, the centre needs chopping and shortening.

i already have the fuel rail its from a s14.... going by the pics from the link mine are spaced further apart so i'll just get a new (old) inlet mani and get them to fit whilst off the car

apperently your throttle body wont fit so your need the coilpack one, which also wont wire up to stock wiring :down:

the t/b complication is if you use the CGA topfeed fuelrail (there are more injector options when using topfeed)
because the CGA inlet mani has a different bolt footprint for the t/b (and the CGA t/b has different wires/plugs)

would the GA throttle body sort the clearance issue? i not worried about more injector options cause the s14 ones should be more than enough and if not i can always buy bigger s14 ones

the cga topfeed rail and mani is a far neater solution imo karl, and drill and tap the 2 t/b holes so that the cg t/b fits ok

Attachments

• SDC11587.JPG
    SDC11587.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,012
wanna sell the cga inlet and fuel rail mate? would also need the throttle body holes to fit the cg throttle body mate?:p

pleeasse

It's ok frank I've decided to save some money and modify the rail I have, I'll just take my time and do it as smartly as I can, I'll be getting a ga15 throttle body through japex trading (Amy) so that'll help with less work as well

What's up with the sr20det one you got off me then too big?
Can't you just buy a blank? Use the injectors in it? To be fair I threw the rail and pressure reg in for free I couldn't be arsed undoing them :)
If you break that one I might be able to get more through the sxoc

There's nothing wrong with the rail as a rail but to fit the cg inlet it needs shortening in 3 places, whereas the sr20de rail only needs shortening in one (between injectors 2 and 3). I don't mind doing the work I just don't want to look like a mess. That's why I wanted to know if anyone had any pics or info so I could see the best way of doing it

shame the sr20de wouldnt be enough, according to flow rates that ive read they will top out at 175whp

they say not to make injectors run at more than 80% and i think thats too close

sr20de fuel rail with single modded cut in the middle as per link above with sr20det side feed 370cc injectors is really the only option unless your coilpack and which case i hate you as volvfo t5's fit :(

The SR20DE has two differnt fuel rails. The SR20 you find in the primera GT is top feed and the SR20 in the almera GTi is side feed.

I've seen Primera GT's with side feed injectors, the red ones, 260cc i think...

Was it a P11? P11 only came with lowport SR20DE's.

The P10 eGT and eZX on the other hand came with a highport SR20DE and had a red top rocker cover from the factory. And if franks correct (which im sure he will be) then they have different fuel rails compared with lowports.

Flunking injector situation is driving me mad!!!

Ignore my previous post it's incorrect info about sr20de injectors

My Micra will never have 175 whp so they may be enough, I'll ask ed to confirm?

So many different options, why can't they have made all side feeds fit!! :(

Was it a P11? P11 only came with lowport SR20DE's.

The P10 eGT and eZX on the other hand came with a highport SR20DE and had a red top rocker cover from the factory. And if franks correct (which im sure he will be) then they have different fuel rails compared with lowports.

Yes, red rocker cover. A friend have a P10 GT 4x4 (very rare) and has red side feed injectors.

So is there Any difference for us between lowport and high port?what to do.... What to do ...?

Yeah there is. The intake on the two are different. I think the lowport is more suited to economical and the highport wasnt. Highports were also Non roller rocker (alot better camshaft choices) and lowports were roller rocker (a slightly less choice on camshafts). Also the highports come with a Girdle which makes the engine better for turbo supposedly whereas the lowport doesn't have this. Also Highport has sodium filled exhaust valves.

Damn you know your stuff for a 16 year old :)

So as per the link I posted above the guy said it was off an s13 sr20de, would that be a highport? Just trying to find out where the fuel rail came from so I can get searching

Must be side feed and be able to bolt bigger injectors into :)

Cheers

It's amazing what happens when you're asleep.... So I should be on the look out for a high port sr20de fuel rail? And which models had the high port, top spec almeras..top spec primeras?

Damn you know your stuff for a 16 year old :)

So as per the link I posted above the guy said it was off an s13 sr20de, would that be a highport? Just trying to find out where the fuel rail came from so I can get searching

Must be side feed and be able to bolt bigger injectors into :)

Cheers

Haha cheers dude.

S13? S13 in this country only came with the CA18 and the JDM motors came with the SR20de,SR20DET, CA18. ALthough i might be wrong.... and if it is an S13 then ive no idea.

If you want side feed with big injectors then get an Almera SR20 ful rail. 440cc STI subaru injectors fit fine with alterations only to the wiring needed. Also the injectors from the S14 and S14a are a adirect fit and should handle about 250 BHP on a boosted SR.
If you want top feed with big injectors then get a P11 GT SR20 fuel rail (Non-GT models are side feed like the N15) and you can fit 444cc injectors from a Pulsar GTi-R.

You can also get 550cc nismo injectors. Although sidefeed/topfeed. i do not know.

Hope this helps buddy

It's amazing what happens when you're asleep.... So I should be on the look out for a high port sr20de fuel rail? And which models had the high port, top spec almeras..top spec primeras?

Highports; P10 eGT, eZx and also lower spec 2.0 models (SIDE FEED) Also the SR20DET from the GTi-R is a highport But that is TOP FEED.

Lowports; N15 GTi (SIDE FEED), P11 GT (TOP FEED), P11 SRi, P11 SLX and any other 2.0 variation available in the P11 (all SIDE FEED).

No Almera GTi's were highport.

Ok cheers but maybe it's because I'm half asleep but could me a Karlj run lowport almera gti modded fuel rail and injectors

I was referring to sr20 s13's from link above, I sold my s13 to get another Micra :)

Cheers for your help again mate

Ok cheers but maybe it's because I'm half asleep but could me a Karlj run lowport almera gti modded fuel rail and injectors

I was referring to sr20 s13's from link above, I sold my s13 to get another Micra :)

Cheers for your help again mate

Oh sorry never noticed that :grinning:

Im sure you could with the right modifications to the rail and wiring. But dont hold me to that as im not sure.

Back