SR16 NEO VVL IN A MICRA

ive just baught a sr16 NEO VVL engine with the wiring loom and ecu no gearbox due to the engine being so expensive the gearbox was just out of budget, I was wondering if anyone could lead us in the right direction with this conversion were thinking sunny GTI 2.0 driveshafts instead of custom ones GTIR brakes, standard silver top sr20 gearbox from a primera, custom mounts bit of work on the chasis or maybe not, what do you guys suggest before I start this beast unleashing haha! New to this!!!:p;)

yeah its pretty much the same size i think, ive got a silvertop sr20 sitting outside they pretty much look the same sizeo_O, im kinda confused about the speedometer as you can not use a electric speedometer as it would limit the revs to 7000, which is pretty ****, however the old non facelift micras have a cable for the speedo anyone know how im going to get through this?:(

You either need some kind of loom and ecu to suit the engine and cut it back to bare essentials

Or you create your own loom and put a stand alone ecu on it. Both are time consuming but one or the other. There is no real 'different'

Get yourself the gearbox sorted before worrying about the speedo, you can drive without it if you really had to but there are options once its in and you're ready

Driveshafts will be custom, no avoiding it. Unless you're having custom wishbones made to take suitable hubs and some cinquecento angled type shock mounts to avoid serious top mount angle, to match the longer shafts

Get the engine in the hole first off
All mounts will be custom, can be done properly without touching the chassis rails
Get your gear linkage in
Get your driveshafts measured and made from there. A properly made "cut n shut", I refer to them as 2 piece, driveshafts have withstood up to 200lb/ft from what ive seen this far, beyond is an unknown for me. But they're good for testing the length, lock to lock, full compression and droop of the suspension to make sure they turn the wheels without falling out or colliding with the CV casing. Then take them as patterns to have some made up ready

Only once you've got that far do you need to worry about the rest

ive got the original ecu and engine loom, im still thinking about wacking it in the sunny gti (pulsar gtir look alike) as it just plug and play really the micras alot of work but i know in the end itll be worth it, but wont the chassis end up cracking due to the power im running as im thinking about swapping the head so i can have 197bhp rather than 175 then thinking about getting it mapped so itll roughly run about 215bhp? correct me if im wrong!:p i havent got the gearbox so no lsd im afraid:(, but ive got a silvertop and im going to use the tranny out of that should be bolt on any suggestions or advice i could do with it as i wanna feed myself as much as i can before i start this beast unleashing:p:D

Micras have seen much more power than 197hp so I wouldn't worry too much
Although a stitch weld and gusseting wont go amiss

Couldn't tell you about SR engines themselves. I'm personally not a fan. Much better engines to be had these days

Any progress here? I'm currently starting the same build a 98 k11 to be fitted with sr16 and all running gear, have a full pulsar there for donor parts

Back