NEO VVL SR16VE N1 (mint)

CMF_benben

» CMF Member
I love Nissans there easy the best engines ever. How mint is NEO VVL there so rare and fast. They are Nissans answer to Hondas V TEC, and what an answer.

I want to buy a SR16VE N1 when I leave college and drop it in my micra. It would be easy fast as F**K and would easy leave most cars in the dust. What do you’s think about the project and how plausible it is?

They are totally hard to get hold of but every now and then u can get one on ebay or the UK’s almera’s owners club. Here’s one for sale at the moment from Ireland and it the redtop with 197BHP J

How mental is that litre to bhp ratio (1600cc to 197bhp) : P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...41353QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Also are the NEO VVL engines available in Australia because I know you could not buy them in the UK.
BenBen x

Attachments

• 15120.jpg
    15120.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 46

CMF_benben

» CMF Member
Also how could I forget to mention the have 8 injectors as standard J and lots of crazy mod’s like super high flowed head, super high lift cams and super toughened crank shaft.

I think the should really be called ISAIN not NISSAN

BenBen x

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
lol I will jump on a plane and come to england to kick your arse if you pull apart a non-crashed N15 VZR N1.

An no, we didnt get any VE motors here. There are a few Pulsar (Sunny/Almera) folk running around with SR20VE's and one or two SR16VE's though. Quite a difficult transplant as you really need the original car's wiring and ECU.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Why fit the SR16VE when the SR20VE is exactly the same size externally & far easier to obtain? There are plenty of these in NZ, I know of at least two N1's & countless other standard SR16VE's (with 5spd manual boxes) & SR20VE's (all CVT but 5spd can be fitted). There are more & more P12 Primera 20V being imported, 150kW SR20VE with 6spd manual. They were only produced 2001-2002.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
primera 20v only have a single vvl solenoid though dont they?

The earlier ones are double solenoid (one for each cam instead of one for the 2 cams)?

Bah noone seems to be able to give a decent answer to it.

Still safer to stick to an N15 SR16VE because there's no pesky NATS built into the ecu :p

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Back