Spraying my alloys (never done before)

hi i've got some alloys for my k11 but there in silver and are abit scratched i was just wondering if anyone has sprayed there alloys etc? and if so,what is the preceger and what paint do i exact need? please thanks alot i wana spray them black as they would look good i'd say lol

i've never done any spray jobs or anything like that so don't really know anything about spraying etc lol

if the scuffs are deep you may need to filler them. dont know if your handy with that stuff? :)

you can use wilko paint! (i do ;)) asllong as its spary paint. dont use hammerite though.

you need:

masking tape 2 rolls.

wet and dry emory paper. but sand paper will do if you have some lol.

2 tins primer (white or grey)

2tins black gloss

1 tin laquer

maybe more tins depends how steady you are. but the above is what i manage to use.

1. first, wet and dry the alloys (get everywhere because if you dont it will come back to haunt you) helps if you have a sander ;) (quicker lol)
  2. mask of the tyres and and valve
  3. clean the surface with a dry cloth (removing dust)
  4. then use normal white or grey primer (3 coats on each wheel max)
  5. use black paint (agian 3 coats leaving it to dry 15min in between coats)
  6. then laquer (agian 3 coats and leave time in bettween them as it runny!

dan

if the scuffs are deep you may need to filler them. dont know if your handy with that stuff? :)

you can use wilko paint! (i do ;)) asllong as its spary paint. dont use hammerite though.

you need:

masking tape 2 rolls.

wet and dry emory paper. but sand paper will do if you have some lol.

2 tins primer (white or grey)

2tins black gloss

1 tin laquer

maybe more tins depends how steady you are. but the above is what i manage to use.

1. first, wet and dry the alloys (get everywhere because if you dont it will come back to haunt you) helps if you have a sander ;) (quicker lol)
  2. mask of the tyres and and valve
  3. clean the surface with a dry cloth (removing dust)
  4. then use normal white or grey primer (3 coats on each wheel max)
  5. use black paint (agian 3 coats leaving it to dry 15min in between coats)
  6. then laquer (agian 3 coats and leave time in bettween them as it runny!

dan

thanks alot squarepants lol... im going to get the stuff today and spray them tomorrow or saturday... also can you spray normal rims?

Back