Bonnet spraying + modding

Hi there, hope you all had good xmas.

Im thinking of getting a spare k11 facelift (grills attached) bonnet so that i can spray it matte black (rough sort of look) and maybe put a power buldge and some scoops etc on it.

Has anyone done this before and does anyone have any thoughts of what i can do to it and things to be wary of.

Thanks in advance

Hi there, hope you all had good xmas.

Im thinking of getting a spare k11 facelift (grills attached) bonnet so that i can spray it matte black (rough sort of look) and maybe put a power buldge and some scoops etc on it.

Has anyone done this before and does anyone have any thoughts of what i can do to it and things to be wary of.

Thanks in advance

if you were a full member you could see the guide i did all about bad boying a bonnet and fitting a scoop.

me and niz have scoops moulded in, and i have seen a few power bulges done too, so its all do able.

but first of all you should think about why you are doing it. if it is just for looks then do what you think is best, no one can tell you how you want your car

if you are after power gains, like having a scoop for air flow then there are lots of options but it depends on what you have to begin with

i painted one of my spare bonnets matt black when my car was silver, i thought it would look awsome, but when i did it i thought it looked crap lol, i took it off 5minutes later!

Oh dear well mine is silver!! Not realy after power gain its mainly aesthetical. However i do have a K'n'N induction kit so i was thinking maybe a scoop could get some extra cool air in that region but this isn't exactly going to turn it into a 500bhp dragster!!

Is there any chance someone could photoshop a matte sort of look onto a standard k11 (silver) to see what it looks like? I regret im not clever enough to do this myself!

Back