Spraying advice

B

Ben

Basically, i have bought a new door for my focus in same colour because my old one had some rust issues, ive just stripped the door right down, loom, lock, window etc and im going to swap it all over tomorrow.

So once its all done ill have some spare plastic parts to play with and fancy giving spraying a go on small scale to colour code some of it and see what it looks like, if it comes out good i will be doing my door handles, boot handle and bump strips so im gonna test it on the bump strip that will come off the rust ridden door. So basically i wouldnt mind some advice about what to do and where to get materials and prices even too. Will halfords do my colour in the focus? i presume so - standard colour?

Anyways i would appreciate any help

ben

you'd be better off buying the paint from ford. i got some paint for the micra from nissan and it was cheaper than halfords and is a better colour match and better quality.
make sure you get some plastic primer aswell

not nesacerily (cant spell)

the colour matches we can mix up are accurate to .01 of a gram, (your eyes can only see a difference of .3 or greater) and have a special Flat "danvern" spray pattern..... the off the shelf ones are crappy..... dont go near them, but ask them to mix one up and you wont be dissapointed, i guarentee

right so some advice on technique, what i mean is like a ....

1. sand part down
2. prime part
3... etc

antony_aiken said:
not nesacerily (cant spell)

the colour matches we can mix up are accurate to .01 of a gram, (your eyes can only see a difference of .3 or greater) and have a special Flat "danvern" spray pattern..... the off the shelf ones are crappy..... dont go near them, but ask them to mix one up and you wont be dissapointed, i guarentee

what paint scheme is that then?

There is a place in Sunderland just over the Alexander Bridge,on the left called Maj Paints. Take your car or say the fuel filler flap and they will match the paint and mix a tin for you. Very good and quite cheap! :glance:

Surely ben only wants rattle cans as he doesnt have compressors and spray guns etc? Halfords should do you colour in rattle cans

well been fitting the new door all morning and got that done, ripped the bump strip off the old door, went to halfrauds got some paint mixed up, wet & dry, laquer and primer, wet and dryed the bump strip and just applied the first coat of primer there, so we shall see what happens, gonna give the door handle a blast too while im at it - cheers guys

Back