Spraying Headlights

I plan to remove the headlights, take them apart and spray the inside matt black. Just thought I'd ask around to see if anyone has done this yet, and if they've had any trouble with the police/MOT tester due to spraying the wrong bits :laugh:

I'll post up an instructional if anyone else is interested?

i`m not aware of it being done on a k12 yet mate but it shouldn`t be too hard to do so it`s prob best to give it a go an let us know how you get on :)

Yes I will do, was mostly wondering about painting areas that would cause problems to police. Either way I've got many ideas that other K12 owners may appreciate where aesthetics are concerned (haha hopefully) I'll post up pics once I'm finished along with a simple guide

Not to hijack this thread :wasntme: but can anyone say if its an mot fail/illegal to paint over the reflectors behind the sidelights and indicators in the front clusters of a car like the k11 faceift?

'Ang on, I've just seen your mileage post. The 160 already has darkened headlights. Are you thinking about going darker (Y)?

Haha indeed. The reflective mirrored part is an MOT fail iirc, its the plastic housing I'm interested in. I'm playing about with colour schemes at the moment and alot of work is in the planning at the moment. Along with spraying I'm also adding carbon fibre inside the light housing.

Back