Paint for spraying headlights

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
I have some black Hammerite very high temp spray that I bought for spraying the headlights, but have noticed it says metal only. I've used Hammerite on glass before, but would it work on the lights or would I make a mess of it?

[edit] - not spraying the light glass bit itself, just the bit behind it if that makes sense

Cheers,

Tom

I used high temp paint on mine and it came out more of a dark graphite grey rather than a black. But through the glass it does look black :)

Is there a blog on how to do this?
Sorry i've used the search button but I think am searching the wrong thing. Any help would be much appreciated :p

oh right, thanks for that matey. I think I have an idea of whats required anyway but just wanted to make sure it was correct. Fingers crossed it goes well :)

A rough guide will be:

Use a heat gun and heat up around the edge of the glass to heat the sealant up. Prise apart using a flat head screw driver.

not sure of the pre-facelift headlights,but on the facelift theres 2 small screws on the chrome reflective casing part. Un-screw those and unclip.

Sand/rub down with wet and dry and paint.

The reverse process to put back together

Nice one mate, will go and attempt to do that now. Colour coded my wing mirrors the other day and have found my niche - spraying! lol
I just want to spray everything haha

Back