Spray Painted alloys black and red calipers - Before & After Pics

Took me all sat but its done. Alloys spray painted black, calipers and drums painted red, headliaghts and rear light tinted black. I then painted the engine bay as i had so much paint left.

What does everyone think? What could i do next?

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

Fix your little dings and scratched wing?
Lower it.
De bump strip it
De badge it
Wind deflectors?
Turbo? :p

Ive taken your advice shaun and im going to try get the dents out myself using these dent remover kit.

Some NOS would be nice but the poor 1.0 engine will prob explode :laugh:

Chrome grills sprayed black with middle bits cut out? I've done the same to mine. New backbox, lightweight windscreen wipers, stubby ariel, raised bonnet, foglights, pre-facelift tailgate handle (without the Nissan badge essentially, just straight plastic), clear indicator lenses, remove the mudflaps, wraparound boot spoiler, the list of things you can do to these is pretty much endless :laugh:

looks good with th black wheels

you could get a black sunstrip for the windowscreen ?
maybe change the headlights to a 2000 stlye ? or tint them ?
paint the tow loop ? and change your front no.plate to a square one and mount it to one side ?
"bad boy" bonnet ? or just use black vinyl ?

so many things to do

Ive taken your advice shaun and im going to try get the dents out myself using these dent remover kit.

Some NOS would be nice but the poor 1.0 engine will prob explode :laugh:

Nitrous oxide would not explode the engine mate if it's set up correctly it's a fast way of getting power! But in the long run with refills not that cheap, turbo it much better

OK just an update on the car, ive now painted the drums black, the outer disc & hub ive gone back so the only thing that is red is the caliper.

Dindt de-badge instead painted it black cause im lazy. Same done to the back as well as the rear strip. Taken the "Micra" and "SI" badge off the rear.

Untinted the front cause it just looked old a musky.

Stuck a "MICRA" cover on the 3rd brake light.

Did a red racing stripe which now looking at it looks a little homo.

Dent is too blig to remove so im gonna have to live with it.

3D letters number plates

Painted tow loop black

Painted mud flaps black

Photos:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Next on the list:

Tint rear glass black.
Micra_dans suggestion of "Chrome grills sprayed black with middle bits cut out? " sounds interesting.

Exhaust went over the weekend. midsection came off the back box. Sounded like a tank. Spent £100 in total getting a new mid-sction and back box, plus another hours labour to get rid of a rattle i had in the calipers.

Can anyone suggest some lowering springs? Very tempted to invest in that next.

Mate, your car is looking sweet as, loving what you've done to it (Y). Can't wait until the next update :grinning:.

Still reckon you need a pre-facelift tailgate handle, remove the bumperstrips, black sun strip on the front windscreen, Heko wind deflectors, remove the 3rd brake light and rear wiper, smaller ariel, spray the inside rim of the headlights black, and open-mouth lower and upper grill like I've done to mine (unless you want to fit fogs). Rocker cover resprayed red with high temperature spray paint?

With the lowering springs, I reckon you could get away with dropping it pretty low. I've dropped mine 90mm and can't go any lower (even though I've rolled the arch lip and removed the plastic covers from inside the arches themselves) because the outside rim of the alloy sticks out too far with my stretched tyres. But I know your SR alloys don't sit too far out, so I think you could get away with 100mm or more with the right setup - uprated dampers for the rear, weld the springs into the struts at the front, and install an axle strap. You could easily drop this to the floor, or at least get the wheels inside the arches just by rolling the lip and removing the inside plastic covers (Y).

Dan, if you lowered yours any more the sump'd be sparking along the ground :laugh:.

Dan, if you lowered yours any more the sump'd be sparking along the ground :laugh:.

Yeah, I noticed how low my sump is when I raised the car up today to start removing my air-con :laugh:. I reckon if I made up a few more exhaust brackets to hold the midpipe up a bit more, I could chop off another coil on each corner and have the front splitter about 1cm off the ground. euro_micras' facelift K11 is lower than mine though, but he's on coilies. Think he dropped it 6 inches on each corner before he put the Capri alloys on. Now that's low (Y)(Y)

Yeah, I noticed how low my sump is when I raised the car up today to start removing my air-con :laugh:. I reckon if I made up a few more exhaust brackets to hold the midpipe up a bit more, I could chop off another coil on each corner and have the front splitter about 1cm off the ground. euro_micras' facelift K11 is lower than mine though, but he's on coilies. Think he dropped it 6 inches on each corner before he put the Capri alloys on. Now that's low (Y)(Y)

:blush:
about 6inches when visually compared to stock with the 155/70/13s 5j wheels on, which was a little too low really, with the 165/55/13s 7s on I've had to raise the height to avoid the tyres from scraping, have not yet got an accurate measurement. And the sump isn't as big an issue as I thought, as long as both wheels go over flat ground equaly it'l lift the sump clearing some speedbumps fine. The downpipe heatshield, 2nd cat, front engine mount bar, front swaybar and toeing brackets are lower. Toeing brackets scrape alot and exhaust can bang about a bit too on lumps and dips.

Cheers for the comments, will start on the tinting the rear windows black over the weekend.

Dan: Do you have a link to pics of your car so i can see how your grill looks? Also like the idea of spraying the inside rim of the headlights. Does anyone know if this is hard to do??

R-ReG-SR: i will get more picks up after weekend after i get the windows tinted.

Cheers for the comments, will start on the tinting the rear windows black over the weekend.

Dan: Do you have a link to pics of your car so i can see how your grill looks? Also like the idea of spraying the inside rim of the headlights. Does anyone know if this is hard to do??

R-ReG-SR: i will get more picks up after weekend after i get the windows tinted.

I wouldn't have thought the headlights are massively hard to do. I need to do mine at some point as well. Presumably if you remove the headlight completely, and take off the 4 clips around the outside, it should just come apart.

And I think I can upload a photo for you (Y). It's only from a slight distance though, can get a close up later if you want :grinning:

Attachments

• 2011-06-23 14.16.06.jpg
    2011-06-23 14.16.06.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 857
That does look sweet mate, makes it look loads more aggressive. I may have to do the same this weekend :grinning:

I will also take the headlights out and see what i can do with them. Will you posted.

OK so i have made a attempt to tint the windows and its stupidly hard to get it doen without bubbles:

IMG_0048.jpg

looks ok from a distance but close up looks pretty bad. Will try again this weekend. Didnt even attempt the rear.

Hollowed out the upper and lower grille. and painted chrome part black:

IMG_0052.jpg

Tried to take the headlight apart but i dont think it can be done. might just go back to tinting them black.

This weekend i have a induction kit coming, stubby arial and obviuosly re-tinting the windows.

Did you wet the window when you did the tints? I think that's how you're supposed to do it to get it into place - squeeze all the water out so you don't get air bubbles, then it should stick down ok (Y).

As for the headlights, they can come apart. Just need to heat up the glue to get them apart, without melting the plastic backing. Grills look good though, I managed to get them smooth all the way around, but was ridiculously hard :laugh:

Yeah, i had a hose to get as much water on it as possible. i thinkits a two person job. Going to try again this weekend.

The grille was a nightmare... tho im tempted to put some blach/silver mesh in. seem quite cheap on ebay.

Ive read an oven but doesnt always work.

The lower grill was easiest, just takes longer to do. I need to mesh mine up as well, but can't work out how to do it properly

Do-It-Yourself Wire mesh added to grille:

IMG_0072.jpg

TOYOSPORTS Induction kit added:

IMG_0062.jpg

Next stop the dent in the side door, tried to some polyfiller but wasnt very smooth. Going to get some proper stuff for body and smooth it out properly.

Induction kit looks good mate (Y). How did you do your mesh? Makes me want to mine as well, including the lower part :grinning:

Looks good (Y) The mesh is quite wide, do you think you could possibly get a few stones flying up and damaging the rad? then again there's not much protection on the stock front end thinking about it.

Induction kit looks good mate (Y). How did you do your mesh? Makes me want to mine as well, including the lower part :grinning:

The mesh is just chicken wire netting trimmed down and painted black. I then clipped it down where i could behind the bumper.

The induction kit has given it a better throttle repsonse but thats prob to do with the old air filter being clogged up with crap. Sounds more beefy when you rev it up high.

Looks good (Y) The mesh is quite wide, do you think you could possibly get a few stones flying up and damaging the rad? then again there's not much protection on the stock front end thinking about it.

Yeah the stock front has even less protection as its only horizontal plastic strips. But i sppose the rad was partial protected by the a big piece of plastic which on some cars is the fog lights.

The door i tired to sort out looks like someone has taken a flame thrower to it and melted the paint. Thats how bad it is. Hope fully get it sorted this weekend. Will get some beofre and after pics posted.

I wouldn't have thought the headlights are massively hard to do. I need to do mine at some point as well. Presumably if you remove the headlight completely, and take off the 4 clips around the outside, it should just come apart.
:
Nope... it's held together with a stubborn silicone of sorts.
The four metal clips are just extra support.
need to take off the clips and then use a heat gun whilst the lights are on the car (saves you time and having to take everything off.)
or take it off and heat in an oven. then prise it apart. be careful of the glass though it does chip quite easily.

There is a guide here:
http://micra.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guides&action=display&thread=11

Nope... it's held together with a stubborn silicone of sorts.
The four metal clips are just extra support.
need to take off the clips and then use a heat gun whilst the lights are on the car (saves you time and having to take everything off.)
or take it off and heat in an oven. then prise it apart. be careful of the glass though it does chip quite easily.

There is a guide here:
http://micra.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guides&action=display&thread=11

Yeah, I found this out when I eventually came to do mine. Although all I had was a hair dryer, but it still did the job :laugh:. But you have to be careful when heating the glue though - too little heat and you can crack the glass when you try to prise it apart (as the glue is incredibly strong), too much heat and you can melt the plastic backing. It is worth it though, because it does look quite good when finished. Gives it a slightly more "aggressive" look :grinning:

Yeah, I found this out when I eventually came to do mine. Although all I had was a hair dryer, but it still did the job :laugh:. But you have to be careful when heating the glue though - too little heat and you can crack the glass when you try to prise it apart (as the glue is incredibly strong), too much heat and you can melt the plastic backing. It is worth it though, because it does look quite good when finished. Gives it a slightly more "aggressive" look :grinning:
Yes indeed! need to do the SR's headlights soon aswell miss the super s ones i had...
CleanJune1.jpg

So i thought i would do more work in the rain over the weekend. Started with the dent as my P38 arrived:

IMG_0078.jpg

As the primer was drying i printed off the guide from the link Shaun gave (cheers mate) and started on the headlights. Ended up using a 1500w hair drier, held it on the edges for about a min and it softens it quite quickly. Working your way round the edge you can start prizing it apart:

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

With that done i decided to get rid of the red stripe on the car and go for a matt black look.

Finally i picked up the alloys from ElmoK11 who sold me his 15" Advanti Alloys which i think are awesome, cheers ElmoK11! Hes breaking his K11 so if you need any parts give him a shout:

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/45082-1998-K11-micra-1.0-for-sale-Many-Modifications-low-mileage-for-age-of-car.

So here is the final result:

IMG_0111.jpg

You're car is looking awesome mate, really loving what you've done to it, especially with the headlights and alloys. Lowering next eh? :grinning:

You're car is looking awesome mate, really loving what you've done to it, especially with the headlights and alloys. Lowering next eh? :grinning:

Cheers mate, yeah springs next. Ive been in touch with ElmoK11 to see how much he wants for his front and back springs.

Your car is probably the one I'm anticipating the end result the most, it's really looking sweet and I love what you've done with her. Looking forward to the next update (Y)

In my opinion looked much better with a shine on it + that is gonna be a nightmare to clean and keep looking ok. but fair play for having a go and doing what you want.
if we all liked the same thing the world would be a dull place :laugh:

...Finally i picked up the alloys from ElmoK11 who sold me his 15" Advanti Alloys which i think are awesome, cheers ElmoK11! Hes breaking his K11 so if you need any parts give him a shout:
Arrg, I really wanted to buy those Alloys too but I was too late by the time I saw them listed :doh: They look great btw (Y)

Arrg, I really wanted to buy those Alloys too but I was too late by the time I saw them listed :doh: They look great btw (Y)

Cheers mate,

Got another coat of matt to go on. Also decided to go normal mesh colour to see how it looks. Also some rear window tint spray.

Will post pics once done...

I was getting all excited when I saw you'd posted on here, thought it was going to be another update :laugh:

i really like the mesh on the front of this car i think im deffinatly gonna do that to mine :p i need to sort out my speakers first but got plenty of time to do stuff to my red but turning slightly pink car XD

What???? Why???? But your car is awesome!!!! I mean I know I can't exactly talk because I went over to the German side, but my car was on the verge of falling to pieces if I hit a bad pothole. Why you selling up, if you don't mind my asking?

Needed a bigger car so i got myself an old mans mondeo now... started work on that now... wacked some bad ass black 18" wolfrace alloys on it for starters; very similar to alloys i have on Micra:

IMG_0395.jpg

Aha, I see (Y). Same as me getting the BMW I guess - needed a bigger car is normally the reason, they're certainly much more practical. There is nothing wrong with Mondeos - they drive well, they handle well, they're nicely built (if a little bland), and they're not slow (I've driven the ST220 version, and they are RAPID). Looks alright with the badass alloys on ;). Should definitely slam that on air ride and tint everything like a badman :grinning:

Back