• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My k10 before and after.

the+micra+when+it+was+yellow%21

as i bought it , £80.
yellow+micra+japanese+sunrise

new springs to get it through the mot.
before+the+wheels

hand painted black, deep dish wellers and tints.
front+with+wheels+painted

yellow lights and fresh wheel paint :D
back+after+wheels+painted

rear view with effect ;)

its ongoing but looks pretty cool at the moment :)

give me your opinions and ideas guys :D

i know i know it depresses me seeing it riding high aha !!!

anything really im just making it up aha , its a sort of , JAPRAT ;)

i think the other side of the front number plate needs a fog lamp and off the front towing eyes you could get some bright cable ties and have them spike off them and sticker bomb a rear side window! Remove the rear window wiper and put a brush or stick a red bull can over the exhaust tip. Go nuts!

ha cheers dude :) i transformed it from a super rat to a black rat haha !
the paint.... is hammerite haha! i whacked it on with a roller and a paint brush ;)
the finish is 'hammered black' but it looks like matt with a teeny shine to it :)
i know i need to lower it but i dont want o fork out for coilys or springs because i dont have the time or effort to fit them ha !
so i dont really know what to do , havent got lots of £££ to spend unfortuneately !

jack

Isn't it effort painting ur whole car and wheels? Then surely u can do the springs. All u need is a angle grinder :p

Just cut the springs in half!
In my experience you're better off getting lowering springs and cutting them. I started off with cut standard springs, looked great but ride was s**t. Fitted -35mm springs till after Mot then cut 3 coils off for more lows. Ride is sooooo much better than cut standard springs. Whizzy6969 is selling some lowering springs pretty cheap.

not yet , waiting til friday (payday) to order some 35mm lowering springs , how many coils do i cut off ??
As the springs are progressively wound the coils on the end of the springs are closer together and lay pretty parrallel so what I did was cut off 3 coils which left just 1 of the flatter coils so the springs still seated properly.

good tips cheers bro , payday tomorrow so springs will be on order , reckon i should try them without cutting them first ?
To be honest I think your biggest problem is the amount of poke you have, you may be interfering with the arches on -35mm springs as they are so I would deffo try them uncut first. If you want to go lower you may be looking at some 'arch surgery' as I have had to do. Btw, I also have spring assisters in the rear as I was still getting tyre to arch contact even with most of the rear arch cut away. I also have powerflex uprated bump stops front and rear.

With almost the same wheels as you i got lowering springs (-30mm with one coil cut off the top) and they rubbed like a mofo... You will need to 'adjust' the arches for sure. I decided roll mine but it took alot. Worth it for the wheels i'd say

Yeah arch surgery will be needed , reckon i could fit them on my own or will i need a mate to give me a hand ??? My springs came yesterday plus i have spring assistors to go on too :)

woohoo !!! my springs are finally fitted !!! no arch scrubbing either but the rear offside seems to be sitting higher than the nearside so i dont know if they have to bed in or what ?

looks pretty nice though but not great improvements to the handling especially seeing as i think i have knocked my tracking out a bit fitting them aha !

will upload pics asap :D

here are some pics with the 35mm lowering springs fitted ..

front+view+outside.JPG

here it is from the front , i was thinking of getting a front splitter for it , which ones fit micras ??? a splitter would give it that little bit extra low look :D

rear+view+outside.JPG

sweep+up+exhaust.JPG

here it is from the rear with my new sweep up retro look exhaust which i love and it sounds AWSOME !!!! still looks a little high on the back which sucks but at least there's no scrubbing at the moment :D
arch+space.JPG

and finaly here is a picture to show you how much arch space i still have but looking at the springs , if i chop 3 of the proggressively wound coils off it should drop another 30-40mm which i think would sit quite nicely but im wondering do i cut the off the top or the bottom of the spring ???? i was also thinking of just putting sandbags in the boot haha !!

so there she is :D my little baby ;)

apprieciate all comments and ideas and advice ect ha ,

cheers jack.

hello again everyone , i have just made an amazing discovery in regards to K10 handling !!!!
(drum roll)......SPRING ASSISTORS !!!

i bought some spring assistors for my car and was planning on putting them on the rear when i fitted my springs to prevent any arch contact with the tire, but as i did not get any scrubbing or scraping i just left the assistors out ... until last night.

i had a good think about my little k10's weight distribution and noticed that my front springs were alot softer than the rear and the front springs were sinking into the arch alot around the corners so i thought to myself , 'if i stiffen up the front springs then surely the front end wont sink so much and the back end will follow and be alot sturdier too'

so i put my spring assistors on my front springs and my car handles absolutely amazingly !!!

before i wouldnt be able to hit a roundabout anymore than 35mph without getting arch contact but now i have the assistors in i was ripping around a roundabout by my house at around 50-55mph with no scrubbing and no oversteer , it sticks to the road like glue !

a really noticeable and cheap modification ! all i need now is bucket seats to keep my ass in place ;)

does anyone have any cheap ones for sale ??

jack.

Ey up Jack, not trying to be funny but you do have the correct springs fitted at each end of the car dont you? My springs are stiffer on the front, I guess because of the weight of the engine/transmission, and softer on the rear, hence I have fitted spring assisters to the rear. Ade :)

yeah i am pretty sure haha, i dont think the springs would actually fit if i had them the wrong way round , i just think it's because i bought the cheapest springs i could find off ebay but honestly the assistors on the front have made a world of a difference it is amazing :D

p.s. do you have any super s/bucket seats ???

I thought that but its a while since I've done mine, mine were cheap and cheerfuls too. I keep looking out for super s seats but every time they come up I'm skint and when I have a bit of brass I never see any :(

Back