Spotted something .. springy!

I measured mine ;) It was 37mm when installed then settled down a few more mm :) but mine is a prefacelift unlike yours (FK sold different springs for the facelift)

and no i dont have either haha, would that make a difference? its not like im gonna be doing any crazy hill climbs soon i just want it a bit lower (Y)

Aah, OK, that might be the reason. Have not measured mine, wouldn't really notice 2-5mm difference :)

and no i dont have either haha, would that make a difference? its not like im gonna be doing any crazy hill climbs soon i just want it a bit lower (Y)

Whatever you get i would recomend getting shortened and hardened shocks to go with the springs. It really isnt a nice ride with lowering springs and stock shocks. Really bouncy and underdamped :)

Stiffer lowering springs will destroy standard shock absorbers. I'd reccomend Bilstein ones as they're cheap and a fair bit stiffer than the standard ones.

Lowered mine 40mm on fk springs, standard shocks and standard panhard rod, had no problems on 15" wheels, ride was nice and firm not at all bouncy, the handling was transformed, easy to fit and cheap, go for it.

Hmmmm, had a message off the dude saying i could pick them up off him for £90 or pay P&P..
If i go about buying them that is.

Would i be ok with just them? need to be as cheap as possible and could avoid buying other parts to go with the springs for now

You could be ok. Just get some bushes off frank. Concerning the ride: im the kind of guy that likes a stiff and well damped ride so i would go for the shocks to. You can try fitting just the springs and then decide if that is it or no :)

Lowered mine 40mm on fk springs, standard shocks and standard panhard rod, had no problems on 15" wheels, ride was nice and firm not at all bouncy, the handling was transformed, easy to fit and cheap, go for it.

Same here on 35mm Spax springs and standard shocks :).

Back