Sport SR Price

Wow. :suspect: I might buy new rather than 2nd hand! I'm thinking of getting one towards the end of the year too, so I'd be interested to know what sort of prices you find.

Best thing to do is give the Nissan Sales folks on here a shout when your ready to buy with a deal that you buy from their Dealership with.

If I got a call saying if you can get me the Sport +SR Pack for x payments of x with a deposit of x would be more than happy to try and match it, worst that can happen is I would say know....

In my dealership it's upto the Sales Controller or Sales Manager to have final say. Book price is £10,995 for a brand new one...

APR's vary depending on amount borrowed and term borrowed over but are very competitive otherwise noone would take out finance through the dealerships!!

I'ld be more than happy to look into a deal for you when your ready, Worksop is quite away so would have to look into discouint to make it worth you while to come and pick up a car lol

Thanks Rhaines :). How much off the book price are dealers usially prepared to do?

If I say Sport +SR pack, does that automatically mean the 1.6l Micra?

If the HP payment period increases, does the APR go down?, also whats the longest HP period available?

Sorry about the silly questions. Never brought a new car before :)

Thanks

sport +sr is the 1.6

hp payemtn can go upto 60 months through a dealer if you have a reasonable credit rating 48 months if poor!

tbh i normally discuss APR's as flat rat as it is easier to understand and yes the should go down if you go over a longer term unless you get 0% of course!!

As to play in vehciles changes on a monthly basis depending on which preferences are available from nissan....

In the Micra brochure specifications, the SPORT and SPORT + can only come with the 1.4 engine, and the 160SR and C+C have the 1.6.

BMX your looking at the old brochure, the Sport + and 160SR are no longer current models they changed a month ago to Initia, Activ (Limited Offer), Spirita and then Sport. The SR Pack is an upgrade option to the sport....

The CC can come with a 1.4 or 1.6 engine.

yep,thats what i did when i wanted to buy my k12
just went in and said i want this car,and i want to pay x amount per month what canyou do.
they did their best do make me happy..all they want to do is get rid of cars at the end of the day.

Don't you guys get enough money for working there? :), I never knew you made money from selling the cars, only Nissan got the profit I thought. Just shows how wrong I was.

R.I.K, the guys at my not very-local dealer must be gutted, there is never a 350Z around :D

Sky

P.S. How can I find out what comes as standard on the Sport SR?

Skyliner, if you are planning to buy a K12, be ready to hear unusual annoying noises from the engine bay. Not all K12 does it but most of them do and Nissan denies the claim of any noise.

lol, I know. My dads K12 has noises and rattles. Infact it aint a Nissan if it aint got a rattle or a noise. Best thing is, you get them at no extra charge :D.

I have small extras planned for the car when I get it later in the year.

1. Mobile 1 Oil
2. NKG Platinum Spark Plugs
3. Better tyres all round
4. Osram Silverstar Bulbs
5. Aero Blades
6. Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid

Thats all for now :)

rhaines said:
BMX your looking at the old brochure, the Sport + and 160SR are no longer current models they changed a month ago to Initia, Activ (Limited Offer), Spirita and then Sport. The SR Pack is an upgrade option to the sport....

The CC can come with a 1.4 or 1.6 engine.

Ahh, cool. Are the new models out yet?

160SR2006 said:
Skyliner, if you are planning to buy a K12, be ready to hear unusual annoying noises from the engine bay. Not all K12 does it but most of them do and Nissan denies the claim of any noise.

all one of them

most 160sr's have the twang noise at about 10mph, nissan say they don't, rattley windows like skyliner said nissan can now fix thie prob, i'm taking mine in tomorrow for the windows :)

on topic: if nissan give you a monthly amount you don't want to pay/can't afford they will drop it for a year say from 200 a month for to 160. you pay out 200 but the finance compy pays back 40. then after a year back to 200 a month. so they will try and make a deal with you as at the end of the day they still want to sell the cars.

I just ordered a brochure today, so I can have a little drool for a couple of months until I can afford mine. :blush: I keep considering other cars, but keep coming back to wanting a K12, so I think that's what it's going to have to be. :) Anyone know of any dealers / car supermarket type places that will deliver nationwide?

We don't deliver Nationwide but if you were to find figures that would tempt you to uy from our Dealership and collect from us we would see what we could do :D

Just work out what your best dela is, work out how much a train ticket would cost and away you go!

I bought mine after months of haggling and playing dealers with each other I paid £10500 for a list price of £11220 with 5 doors and metallic paint inclusive. Yesterday I checked the price of 160 SR which is now called Sports SR with metallic paint and 5 doors its gone up to £11999. Can't believe the price rise. I would say stick to your Target price which you can find from any good car magazine, and let your dealer know that this is the price you are willing to pay and that if they agree you will put a deposit NOW. Be polite and Ask for the lowest and you will get the best.

I heard Rhaine mention 'Flat rate' Never go by flat rate:
Firstly its not comparable. Flat rates do not take into account charges.Its like comparing apple with elephants.
Secondly a 4% flat rate looks damn good but is equal to 8-9% APR. Always ask for APR then you can compare if a bank loan is cheaper options.
Also do not forget to ask how many monthly payments there are some say 36 monthly payment of £XXX amount which looks good but will not tell you you have to pay an initial paymentof £XXX which means its 37 months and not 36 months. Watch out the small prints before you sign there are small prints.
Once a dealer quoted me basic price which looked cheaper but VED(tax) was not included in the price, so again ask for OTR(on the road price which include tax, delivery) price from different dealers before you compare the deals. Speak to me I have loads advice when you buy new car. Its a buyers market after all.

i was talking to a guy which had a new micra... he said he got £2000 ish knocked straight off cause he walked in with cash :) worth a try

Flat rate is comaprable, best way to compare prices is to look at monthly payments though as banks and other lenders hide their payments in the costs, we have to declare them...

If your comparing monthly payments check with the dealership whether the admin fee is up front or spread (if spread could be paying an extra £125 on your first payment).

I was just thinking. Due to the fact that I have a low/no credit rating (due to the fact I havent had a current account for a few years/ 3 months actually.) Will I still be able to buy a car on HP from my local Nissan gargae?

Thanks

Sky

Should be able to but tell them you have a bad credit rating up front, it will help.. As long as you've been working 3 months you should be fine

Just a follow-up. I've been working now for 3 months with various bank accounts and debit card. Will I show up as bad credit reating on Nissans systems?

Thanks

If you have been working for 3 months you may go through, it's hard to say...

There is a £500 cash saving off the Sport SR and possibly 5.9% rate over 36 months with the possibility of deferred payment until march although will have to check the rate/payment options on the sport (will do tomorrow)...

R

I got my 160SR with 2000 miles on it for £6500 with a trade in.
I also got good finance over 5 years, and free insurance for my learner girlfriend for a year!

One other thing.
There is no such thing as a good or bad credit rating as such. If you are on the electoral register and a uk resident that's the two main criteria.
They do check with your bank to see that you have a wage coming in monthly, but the more bank accounts you have the better. As long as you dont have debts with them all.

Ok cool. I work at Nationwide Building Society, and my income of around £1000 gets paid monthly into my Lloyds TSB debit account. All accounts have healthy balances.

Rahines: is that possible at any Nissan garage, or just yours? ;). I was thinking of getting the car at the end of October.

Any Nissan Garage as the Preferences are set by Nissan themselves, if that sort of setup is ideal to what your looking for best bet is to find a Nissan Dealer that is a member of as big a group as possible, only reason being, the bigger the group the more money they put to the finance companies therefore the better rates they can get and usually the less money they will try and make of each car...

When you find a deal you like the sound of give me a shout and I'll see if I can beat it with by enough to tempt you to come to Worksop lol :D

It's not the be all and end all as it is only part of the finance criteria, depends how savvy the sales controller/ manager are if you don;t get through on main finance but thats something else...

I wouldn't give up just yet :D

Best way to register on the electoral role is to call your local council, i've just had a registreation form in the post and it appears I can regsiter online, you maybe able to do the same :D

Back