spluttering/misfireing when i put my foot down. can anyone help ?

hi i don't know if anyone has had this problem before but my k10 has started to splutter/ misfire every time i try and put my foot down , its okay when i feather the throttle very lightly but i can't drive going that slow everywhere.

i was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and how to solve it ?

the problem disappears for a while when the engine is fully warmed up but still has random splutters and misfires here and there , i have checked the air filter to see if it was clogged or dirty but seems fine , oil levels are up to standards.

i was thinking it could possibly be the auto-choke but i haven't got a clue :/

if anyone could help that would be great , thanks x

I dont know to be honest ! It's a k10 j reg. so whatever those models have :)
Put a new fuel filter in it, only around £4.00, if that fails it could be intermittent fuel pump, again these are only a few quid. Carb problem worst case scenario. Try filter first, sounds like thats your problem to me

I will try your suggestions thank you. It could be the fuel filter getting clogged as it happens randomly every now and then , if the problem proceeds I will let you know , thanks alot.

When I woke up this morning it was raining , I got in my car an the problem was alot worse in the wet weather, I struggled to drive due to the bad spluttering ! Could this be moisture in my points ? I'm really confuse as to by my car has randomly started playing up like this after 20 years of perfect running ? Please help me aha !

My K10 used to give me random running issues like this all the time. In the end I bought a decent set of HT leads (magnecor) and my problems stopped. The ones from Halfords were no good!

i had a simulor problem with my 306 it was down to wrong gap size on the plugs i know its a different engine but might be worth giving the car a full survice and see what happens.

My K10 used to give me random running issues like this all the time. In the end I bought a decent set of HT leads (magnecor) and my problems stopped. The ones from Halfords were no good!

what he said..

And it sounds like a problem i had a few months ago on my K10. But when i changed the HT leads, some leads didn't want to separate from the distributor cap, so i ended up breaking a conection. So i ended up replacing the leads, new cap for the distributor & then replaced the rotor arm while i had it off. It now starts really well and runs nice & smooth, just need adjust the idle at some point because now its idles a little high.

Hope this helps

JAM

hi i don't know if anyone has had this problem before but my k10 has started to splutter/ misfire every time i try and put my foot down , its okay when i feather the throttle very lightly but i can't drive going that slow everywhere.

i was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and how to solve it ?

the problem disappears for a while when the engine is fully warmed up but still has random splutters and misfires here and there , i have checked the air filter to see if it was clogged or dirty but seems fine , oil levels are up to standards.

i was thinking it could possibly be the auto-choke but i haven't got a clue :/

if anyone could help that would be great , thanks x

i had a problem about 3 years ago turned out to be a couple of things there is a plunger rubber ? in the carb that can perish and i had water in my fuel tank which turned out to be from a filling station, i had the system cleaned out new fuel line filter and the carb repaired but the water in the carb and petrol system can be sorted by adding something like wynns dry fuel, i've added it twice now and had no probs since
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/290662266215?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Back